FLL Car Rentals with Port Shuttle?

NEGeekymama

A quick look around the board would find many, many threads on the topic.

Summary: None have shuttles from/to the airport/port. Most all the main players have offices located just outside the port, and provide shuttles form those offices to/from the port.

Does anyone know which car rental agencies in Fort Lauderdale include a free shuttle to/from the cruise port?

Thanks!

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis/Budget/Payless at 2520 Miami Rd.

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out Western port exit.

We are driving from Orlando to the ship on Sunday morning, renting an Alamo car at the hotel in Orlando. Leaving hotel at 8:00 AM to make sure we have plenty of time. Considering two options for returning the car; 1) turn it in at FLL (airport) and taking taxi to ship, 2) turn it in at the Alamo facility at 1700 Eller Drive and taking their shuttle to ship. Anyone have any experience doing this and if so how did it go?

We are driving from Orlando to the ship on Sunday morning, renting an Alamo car at the hotel in Orlando. Leaving hotel at 8:00 AM to make sure we have plenty of time. Considering two options for returning the car; 1) turn it in at FLL (airport) and taking taxi to ship, 2) turn it in at the Alamo facility at 1700 Eller Drive and taking their shuttle to ship. Anyone have any experience doing this and if so how did it go?

Look on Cruise timetables and see how many ships are in port when you travel. If it's only a couple free shuttle is the way to go but if there are half a dozen ships Uber is the best option.

Look on Cruise timetables and see how many ships are in port when you travel. If it's only a couple free shuttle is the way to go but if there are half a dozen ships Uber is the best option.

We did and its only Allure. So we are turning car in at Alamo's Port Everglades location and taking their shuttle to ship.

We did and its only Allure. So we are turning car in at Alamo's Port Everglades location and taking their shuttle to ship.

Great if you could update us on how you get on. We're cruising out of FL next March picking up an Alamo car at MIA, useful to know how the Eller shuttle drop off worked out for you if you don't mind.

Great if you could update us on how you get on. We're cruising out of FL next March picking up an Alamo car at MIA, useful to know how the Eller shuttle drop off worked out for you if you don't mind.

Yes, will let you know. It should be fine. It's a Sunday morning and it's just 209 miles from our hotel in Orlando. We are building in an extra hour for any weather or traffic delays, leaving at 8:00 AM, should put us at Alamo by 11:30 AM if no problems along the way. My wife is nervous about it and wants to drive down Sunday but we can't leave until 6:30 and I don't want to drive at night.

Budget office is right near the port.

Avis and a few others may be closer but Alamo is just 4 miles away. We picked Alamo/Enterprise because they were the only rental car agency at the hotel we are at in Orlando...it was just convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

We still plan on driving down on Sunday morning (leaving at 8:00 AM) from Orlando and dropping rental car at Alamo on Eller Drive (Port Everglades). But...there have been some post on the East Coast boards reporting that the Eller Drive Alamo is packed on Sunday's, long lines and grumpy people. My wife wants us to change and return car at FLL but I'd rather not. Has anyone had any recent experience with this location on Sunday mornings?

We did it with Hertz. Worked perfectly, and turning the car in off-airport saved us about 30% on our rental.

Thanks for this! I just booked with Hertz today and didn't realize this was an option, so I was able to change my car return location from the airport to the Port Everglades location instead. Didn't save me any money, but that's ok. Great to know there is a shuttle from this location right to the port!