Sanctuary on Grand Princess to Hawaii in April 2018

magicsoccer

I recently posted the following message on a different thread:

We traveled RT to Hawaii in April a few years ago, and I made a beeline to reserve two prime spots in the Sanctuary. Such a disappointment.

My strong advice is to save your money. On sea days, it's freezing. On port days, well, you're busy island hopping. I blew nearly $1k and used it for maybe three hours. It really is dependent on itinerary, and Hawaii in April is not the right one.

We *might* be on the same cruise (April 23 is our date). Anyhow, Ellipooh is correct. Sanctuary isn't worth it on an April Hawaiian cruise. It's cold, the weather isn't the best as it normally rains going out and coming back. We spend more of our time inside or at the covered pools than anywhere else on this itinerary.

And when in Hawaii, we're on-shore.

HTH!

Done the Hawaii Circle twice now (on Grand 2011, and Star 2017)...the sanctuary was never busy on either cruise. The sanctuary seems to be more popular on itineraries where it is very hot, because so much of it is in the shade.

As for Hawaii circle, as a general rule it starts getting warm enough to lay out at after 2 days going and 2 days before the return.

• 1 year later...

I am glad to hear this about the cruise, I wont waste money on Sanctuary this cruise. I am used to sailing from Baltimore or NJ/NY so I am used to not being able to use the pool for the first few days. I will be going on this cruise next month. I cannot wait to see the islands.