Liberty of the seas

I wanted to share our experience on our recent cruise. Having not sailed out of Galveston before I was a little apprehensive. I don’t know if this is the norm, but this is how it went for us.

We drove in and stayed the night before at the Fairfield Inn in Texas city. The hotel was nice and there were several places to eat nearby.

There was a breakfast included that was very good.

We checked out at 9am and headed for Galveston. We had prepaid parking at Lighthouse. We arrived and checked in at the gate and was told where to park. By the time we had our bags out of the cars the shuttle was there to load us up.

The shuttle dropped us off at the port and we had to walk maybe 100 yards to drop off bags. The man told us what line to put our bags in and we headed to the terminal.

We walked right in and through security to the check in counter. Then it was up to the waiting room. We are diamond so we were directed to that area. My granddaughter needed to use the rest room so I walked her over and back,and by then they were calling us to board. I think we were on by 10:30 or 10:45.

The cruise was awesome. I would say they have one of the best Crews we have ever sailed with. Our room steward was very good even though we didn’t see him much. He kept a cooler I had in the room filled with ice for me also. Our waitstaff in the mdr was awesome, again one of the best we have had.

We didn’t do any of the specialty dining so can’t comment on that. Our food in the MDR was better than past cruises. We usually do late seating but since we had the grands with us we went with early. Don’t know if that has anything to do with the food.

We had the drink package and I will say the service was great. On deck the waiters came by quite often. The bars never seemed overcrowded. They seemed to have enough bartenders to keep the wait to a minimum.

Departing the ship went well also. We opted to self assist so we were told to be at the deck 4 dinning room at 8am. When we got there we sat for about 10 min. Then we started filing out with the first in first out. From that point we never stopped walking until we were standing at the lighthouse shuttle in the lot. They drove us to our cars and we were on the road before 9.

I will also say the passengers on this cruise were the most polite and easygoing as I have seen. All and all I would say if our experience is the norm Liberty is a great choice.

Thanks for the write up, this is good to hear. We've done three cruises over the past 9 years, all with Carnival and all leaving from Galveston. We decided to change it up and try RCCL and will be on Liberty in January 2019 for a 7 night itinerary. A little bit tentative about trying them out but glad to have some reassurance here that the crew and ship are in great shape.

I just love the Liberty! The crew is awesome, the ship is awesome and the embarking/departure process for us was very smooth (even though this was our first cruise and we had no idea what we were doing or what to expect).

On deck the waiters came by quite often.

This is the only difference between your review and my experience last February. We hardly ever saw anyone to get drinks from without going up to the bar. It's nice to see they've changed that because other than that the crew was absolutely excellent top to bottom.

Thanks for the write up, this is good to hear. We've done three cruises over the past 9 years, all with Carnival and all leaving from Galveston. We decided to change it up and try RCCL and will be on Liberty in January 2019 for a 7 night itinerary. A little bit tentative about trying them out but glad to have some reassurance here that the crew and ship are in great shape.

You should have a great time. Enjoy

I just love the Liberty! The crew is awesome, the ship is awesome and the embarking/departure process for us was very smooth (even though this was our first cruise and we had no idea what we were doing or what to expect).

I agree, we are thinking about doing another.

Edited by derby bears
Mistake

Thank you so much for the review. I am so glad you had a wonderful cruise and great experiences. Gets us excited about our cruise on the LOS in 10 days.

Enjoy your cruise. If you get a chance go to the squeeze bar, Dana is a hoot.

This is the only difference between your review and my experience last February. We hardly ever saw anyone to get drinks from without going up to the bar. It's nice to see they've changed that because other than that the crew was absolutely excellent top to bottom.

On sea days they had 3 guys pushing iced beer carts around, and usually 2 taking drink orders. We were very satisfied.

Once in conversation with the Captain of the Rhapsody of the Seas he commented that the passengers sailing out of Galveston were the most cordial, friendly and courteous. He then said that the passengers made the crew "Texified" They responded to the behavior and good manners of the passengers. He switched out his official Uniform headgear for a cowboy hat with his insignia on it Eventually retired to Texas (not a US citizen) but fell in love with the state and its people.

I did liberty with a GF last April and had my birthday aboard. Rebooked for next April different ports.

Now that we know the ship

No more standing at the map.

Loved the crew. Food was great. Really enjoyed the adult pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are leaving Sunday on Liberty. Glad to hear the nice review! We went on Vision in January. I thought the others passengers were the nicest and most polite we had ever cruised with. I felt Carnival and Royal offer about the same product, but the passengers on Royal were much nicer! We are Platinum on Carnival but only Gold on Royal, but I guess we have plenty of time to get to Diamond!

Liberty is our favorite ship of the ones we have sailed on. We've sailed on her twice out of Galveston and have another cruise booked on her for next May. We also like Lighthouse Parking. EZCruise is good too, but Lighthouse has covered parking and their shuttles seem to be more frequent.

Liberty is our favorite ship of the ones we have sailed on. We've sailed on her twice out of Galveston and have another cruise booked on her for next May. We also like Lighthouse Parking. EZCruise is good too, but Lighthouse has covered parking and their shuttles seem to be more frequent.

We come in the day before shuttle down on Galveston shuttle and stay at the courtyard Marriott who has a shuttle to the ship.

We like April no humidity

Sent from my iPhone using Forums