Deluxe Oceanview w/ Verandah vs. Deluxe Oceanview FAMILY w/ Verandah

Cruzin' Rob

There will just be 3 of us traveling on Fantasy and we were considering the difference between the Deluxe Oceanview w/Verndah vs. the Deluxe Ocenaview FAMILY w/ Verandah. Can anyone tell me the difference please and would it be worth $200-$300 extra for the Deluex Family?

Thank you!

The deluxe family oceanview with verandahs (cat 4) are bigger - they are longer, mostly due to accommodating a murphy bed close to the verandah. They are available to house families of 5. So they have the queen bed, the sofa bed (single), the pull down berth (single), and the murphy bed (single).

The regular deluxe oceanview with verandah (Cat 5 and... 6 I think?) don't have that extra space.

$200-300 doesn't seem like too bad of a price difference, but on the other hand with 3 of you, it probably wouldn't make a huge difference in any event. You might consider looking for one of the extended verandah rooms if you like being outdoors on the balcony, though they are aft.

The extended sleep 5 (as kodesthemoose said). For us, we are 3 adults sharing a cabin so I booked one of those so we each have our own bed. Since the Queen doesn't split (like on other cruise lines), this way, 1 person gets the Queen, 1 the sofa bed and 1 the murphy bed.

I don't know the make-up of your travelling group; the bed arrangement might be a consideration.

On the Dream and Fantasy the Deluxe Family has a much bigger (circular) bath tub which I love and is worth the money for me (imho) it’s seriously a lot bigger and can fit 2 (almost)

There’s also a little bench area where a parent could sit and bath a small child.

Deluxe Family Veranda

4f3b83a3efd0f836a05e61f94febbf81.jpg

Deluxe Veranda

7996abcc30d5e4f2dc51401824930a77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice pics. Very helpful.

I'll share one thing about the murphy bed. My family of 5 did the deluxe family stateroom a while ago. It was definitely roomy. The only issue we encountered was the murphy bed. When it is pulled out the wall, it drops right in front of the sliding glass door to the balcony. There isn't a lot of room to walk around it. Basically, once the bed is down, it's hard to do much of anything in the cabin. Of course, if you don't plan on using the murphy bed, it's a non-issue.

If there's a lesson here, it's that the cruise industry (and lodging in general) still wrestles with handling groups of 5.

The extended sleep 5 (as kodesthemoose said). For us, we are 3 adults sharing a cabin so I booked one of those so we each have our own bed. Since the Queen doesn't split (like on other cruise lines), this way, 1 person gets the Queen, 1 the sofa bed and 1 the murphy bed.

I don't know the make-up of your travelling group; the bed arrangement might be a consideration.

Just in case there's any confusion, the rooms that are extended verandah rooms (which I believe are Cat 5E) do not sleep 5.

But yes, the Cat 4 rooms are the ones with the murphy bed. I agree the murphy bed can be a bit in the way of the balcony.

Just in case there's any confusion, the rooms that are extended verandah rooms (which I believe are Cat 5E) do not sleep 5.

But yes, the Cat 4 rooms are the ones with the murphy bed. I agree the murphy bed can be a bit in the way of the balcony.

A bit?

21edp1j.jpg

2s6r6uc.jpg

Almost every ship I have been on has the fold out bed in front of the verandah door and it makes it a bit tight getting through. But for such a little extra amount of money, I'd go for the larger room. If nothing else, it gives you a little more breathing room ;)