Park and Cruise Hotels in NOLA

Specific info about NOLA is found on this site on the port of New Orleans board or the Gulf Coast departure board.

Here are the links:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

Sadly although there are park n cruise rates they don't seem to offer shuttles to the port. It appears that there is a parking lot at the port with reasonable rates and some hotels that are walking distance.

More info at the links I have provided.

We are staying at Wyndham in the French quarter.

I booked the stay and cruise package but they do not offer shuttle service.

Uber is only $8 so we are planning on using that.

What I did like was the location. We can walk to restaurants on the night before and the morning of our cruise.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Superdome. We booked the park and cruise package. $109.99 plus tax for one night and a week of parking. They don't offer a shuttle but I was told taxi is about 7 dollars per person so we will probably drive and drop me and my mom and our luggage off and my dad will drive back to park the car and taxi it to the port to meet us

Checked a few other boards, the CVB.. think right now January is considered high season why the rates are so high. Not worried about a shuttle just looking to save on hotel/parking. Big thing is occupancy and hotel room - 4 ppl is hard, so many rooms show 1 k/q bed which of course, will not sleep 4 adults. FWIW may end up doing 2 less expensive rooms, any ideas appreciated.

Be careful with some hotels as they will shuttle you to the port but not pick you up after as that is time consuming for them.

Another alternative is here: http://www.machupicchutours.com/cruise-ship-parking Know there tour business is great and have heard good things about their parking package. $14 a day.

Fulton street lot is a good service, you unload bags and they shuttle you both ways, short quick ride.

Last time we cruised out of NOLA we used Machu Picchu. When we got into town we drove to the lot. They took us back to the hotel and picked us up again the next day to take us to the port and then again after the cruise. I don't remember what we paid, but it was very reasonable rate. It's an outdoor lot, but it is gated. We are using them again when we cruise in March.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Metairie. They had a cruise and park package. It included a welcome drink the night before, breakfast for 2 (it was good), parking, and the shuttle to and pickup from the port? It was right off the freeway. We would stay there again.