Miami hotel with mobility issues

GJClay

We are three ladies in our fifties taking a cruise from POM in March 2019. I've booked the Doubletree Biscayne Bay two nights pre-cruise and am wondering if this is a good location? I recently read that this area may not be safe at night. We travel a lot and are not easily frightened but of course, want to be safe. I'm not very familiar with Miami and have always stayed in Fort Lauderdale in the past. My sister has mobility issues and this hotel offered an accessible room with a Bay view, plus, I've read that there is some type of free shuttle located very near the hotel. The hotel also has a restaurant which is a plus in case she isn't feeling up to walking around.

My sister is not in a wheelchair at this time, but is fast deteriorating due to her condition, hence, the need for an accessible room.

I have read about the Brickell area as well but am not sure which location is better?

The area is slightly isolated. But the hotel is connected to various restaurants and pretty close to the heart of downtown. There is the free metromover (which has elevator outages often though) and there is a trolley that is free as well that goes around town.

Brickell is a better location and you won't need to take any transportation to get to have endless options for dinning as Brickell is home to so many different places. I would check out East Miami and Hampton Inn Brickell.

The area is slightly isolated. But the hotel is connected to various restaurants and pretty close to the heart of downtown. There is the free metromover (which has elevator outages often though) and there is a trolley that is free as well that goes around town.

Brickell is a better location and you won't need to take any transportation to get to have endless options for dinning as Brickell is home to so many different places. I would check out East Miami and Hampton Inn Brickell.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell in November. What would be a good place for us to grab a quick meal the evening we arrive that is within walking distance of the hotel? We enjoy places that are very casual and laid back. Thanks!!

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell in November. What would be a good place for us to grab a quick meal the evening we arrive that is within walking distance of the hotel? We enjoy places that are very casual and laid back. Thanks!!

If you want Cuban food go to Havana 1957. If you want something casual and common Pinco Facotry or Burger and Beers is good.

Semi-casual in Brickell City Centre is Big Easy Wine Bar. I love it. A little pricey but very good.

La Centrale - ItalianFood Hall or Casa Tua food hall is interesting. Certainly different and both are great in City Centre.

Novecento is fairly casual, its Argentinean/Italian

Thank you.

What kind of food are you looking for? If you give us an idea of which type of food you prefer, then it would be easier to give you some better ideas.

Batch GastroPub & Fados are both casual and laid back. A new quick serve Cuban restaurant is about to open at the bottom of your hotel.

Coyo taco is on the same street and is good. It's more counter service just like Pincho Factory where you place your order, they give you a number and you go sit. You also get your own sodas, sauces etc.

If you want Cuban food go to Havana 1957. If you want something casual and common Pinco Facotry or Burger and Beers is good.

Semi-casual in Brickell City Centre is Big Easy Wine Bar. I love it. A little pricey but very good.

La Centrale - ItalianFood Hall or Casa Tua food hall is interesting. Certainly different and both are great in City Centre.

Novecento is fairly casual, its Argentinean/Italian

Have you been to B&B lately? Staff has been greatly cut and service has been SLOW!!

Just like Taverna Opa and Rosa Mexicano expect to see them closed soon.