Santa Monica

grooveynurse

We will be arriving into LAX around 9-10am on a Thursday. We cruise out of San Pedro on Friday. Would we be insane to think we can stay the night in Santa Monica? We understand there will be an Uber drive both from LAX to Santa Monica and back to San Pedro. I also hear there is a blue express bus to Santa Monica from LAX but not sure if it is Luggage friendly. We just want to have a fun day on Thursday and would like to see the pier. Any thoughts from locals or others who have done this?

We will be arriving into LAX around 9-10am on a Thursday. We cruise out of San Pedro on Friday. Would we be insane to think we can stay the night in Santa Monica? We understand there will be an Uber drive both from LAX to Santa Monica and back to San Pedro. I also hear there is a blue express bus to Santa Monica from LAX but not sure if it is Luggage friendly. We just want to have a fun day on Thursday and would like to see the pier. Any thoughts from locals or others who have done this?

I have family living near there. Not a bad idea. See the pier, see the beach, rent a bike, and visit one of the many pot stores (they're everywhere!) among the t shirt and souvenir places. You can't "see" Los Angeles in a day, especially without a car. Picking a beach spot like that wouldn't be bad. Contact a hotel and ask them how it would work also.