Liberty of the Seas Cozumel Arrival

baabtx

Hi all,

Cannot remember if clocks were changed by the Capt. on our Liberty cruise last year, but since I'm trying to arrange an "off ship" dive, it indicates that on our 2/4 Liberty cruise shows a port time of 7am, but am curious since Cozumel is always on EST, is this Coz time or Liberty CST? Just want to confirm since the dive I arranged said they couldn't because of this issue.

Pre-cruise itinerary listiings are supposed to be in local time.

This was not our experience on Vision out of Galveston last week. Posted times were ship time (CST) the whole time. We remained on ship time in Cozumel and were one hour behind local time.

This was not our experience on Vision out of Galveston last week. Posted times were ship time (CST) the whole time. We remained on ship time in Cozumel and were one hour behind local time.

Once on the ship, times are in ship time, which can vary cruise to cruise based on the Captain's decision to change the ship clock. However, when publishing an itinerary long before the cruise, the company says that the itinerary schedule is in local time at the time of the cruise.

Once on the ship, times are in ship time, which can vary cruise to cruise based on the Captain's decision to change the ship clock. However, when publishing an itinerary long before the cruise, the company says that the itinerary schedule is in local time at the time of the cruise.

Just so I'm clear (and I apologize for being a bit slow here!), the itinerary lists arrival time as 7:00am. So that means the ship is scheduled to arrive at 7:00am Galveston time (CST)? And thanks for the info. Very helpful!

Just so I'm clear (and I apologize for being a bit slow here!), the itinerary lists arrival time as 7:00am. So that means the ship is scheduled to arrive at 7:00am Galveston time (CST)? And thanks for the info. Very helpful!

No, it's just like an airline schedule, the arrival time is based on the local time at the arrival location.

Perfect. Thanks! And again, sorry for being so slow this morning!

No problem, good luck. And remember, once the cruise starts, times are based on the ship time which may or may not be different than local time in a port.

Not sure I understand- the times remained consistent with the published times from when we booked April 2017.

I fully understand the captain has the final decision.

If this is for your April cruise you will be on CDT which will be the same as EST.

Hi all,

Just want to confirm since the dive I arranged said they couldn't because of this issue.

This is unusual, Most private excursions keep very close track of ship arrivals and know the schedule better than most others and will work with you. I am a diver, but haven't dove in Cozumel.

This is unusual, Most private excursions keep very close track of ship arrivals and know the schedule better than most others and will work with you. I am a diver, but haven't dove in Cozumel.

My experience with dive ops in Cozumel is cruisers are a small number of their customers. Most divers come to Cozumel on land vacations.

I am curious what dive op you booked with? Next time we cruise, at least one of my children will be old enough for a teen certification. She has already been begging to learn, but I wanted to wait until she was older. Plus we live in the desert and diving is an expensive travel hobby where I live. It will be nice to finally have a dive buddy as she gets older though.

Cozumel is on Texas time not Miami time if that helps.

My experience with dive ops in Cozumel is cruisers are a small number of their customers. Most divers come to Cozumel on land vacations.

I am curious what dive op you booked with? Next time we cruise, at least one of my children will be old enough for a teen certification. She has already been begging to learn, but I wanted to wait until she was older. Plus we live in the desert and diving is an expensive travel hobby where I live. It will be nice to finally have a dive buddy as she gets older though.

Was (still am, if can confirm arrival time) trying to book Dive with Martin, since it'll probably be a smaller group and the shop is right at the Pier. I'm trying to ascertain time so I can get back to them. Know what you mean about diving, my wife doesn't so it's nice to travel with another couple/Friends that have a diver - hated dives when on my own.

Was (still am, if can confirm arrival time) trying to book Dive with Martin, since it'll probably be a smaller group and the shop is right at the Pier. I'm trying to ascertain time so I can get back to them. Know what you mean about diving, my wife doesn't so it's nice to travel with another couple/Friends that have a diver - hated dives when on my own.

Single Divers has been useful when I need a buddy, but I wish my husband was a diver. Of course him not diving means I can go and leave him with the kids. Good luck with the dive op. I don't know many of them, but Cozumel diving is incredible, or was a few years ago.

Just in Cozumel today on the Liberty & the Captain announced that we were staying on ships time the entire cruise (central time). This meant that local Cozumel time was one hour ahead of ships time & the crew kept reminding everyone to stay on ships time - not local.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all,

Cannot remember if clocks were changed by the Capt. on our Liberty cruise last year, but since I'm trying to arrange an "off ship" dive, it indicates that on our 2/4 Liberty cruise shows a port time of 7am, but am curious since Cozumel is always on EST, is this Coz time or Liberty CST? Just want to confirm since the dive I arranged said they couldn't because of this issue.

just off liberty dec 17, ship time did not change

just off liberty dec 17, ship time did not change

The important question is not if they actually changed while on board but were the times the same as pre-listed in itinerary when you booked?

I am also sailing Liberty in a few weeks. Who was the Captain?

The important question is not if they actually changed while on board but were the times the same as pre-listed in itinerary when you booked?

I am also sailing Liberty in a few weeks. Who was the Captain?

My experience has been the ship will arrive at the published itinerary time for that port without regard to what the local time is in the port. One time a couple of years ago when Coz was still on Central time, the US had already moved to Daylight time while Mexico had not made the change. The ship was scheduled to arrive at 8AM, which it did. Got off the ship around 8:30 or so and found a lot of tour operators rubbing their sleepy eyes as it was only 6:30 their time. The ship stayed on EDT while Coz was still on CST.

For captains take a look here... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54976904&postcount=4510

My experience has been the ship will arrive at the published itinerary time for that port without regard to what the local time is in the port. One time a couple of years ago when Coz was still on Central time, the US had already moved to Daylight time while Mexico had not made the change. The ship was scheduled to arrive at 8AM, which it did. Got off the ship around 8:30 or so and found a lot of tour operators rubbing their sleepy eyes as it was only 6:30 their time. The ship stayed on EDT while Coz was still on CST.

For captains take a look here... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54976904&postcount=4510

This has certainly been my recent experience on sailings out of Galveston on both Vision and Liberty.

Host Clarea stated above that published times were supposed to be local times like airline schedules. OP was trying to arrange private tour and I was trying to see if a different captain might make a difference.

As usual inconsistency causes confusion.

Thanks all for the Information, Finally hunted around (Tripadvisor and such) and was able to book a dive leaving at 9am with H2O Divers, which is not far from the International Pier. Works out great, so we can have some Coz time after the dive. Also booked Lobster Pot Divers in Georgetown Cayman, they have a 1pm 2 tank dive!

Thanks all for the Information, Finally hunted around (Tripadvisor and such) and was able to book a dive leaving at 9am with H2O Divers, which is not far from the International Pier. Works out great, so we can have some Coz time after the dive. Also booked Lobster Pot Divers in Georgetown Cayman, they have a 1pm 2 tank dive!

Glad it worked out in the end! Enjoy your day.