Ocean view and obstructed ocean view same price??

Sea and Me

I have been checking prices for Oct.28th sailing on the Caribbean Princess for sometime now. Today I noticed that both oceanview and obstructed oceanview are the same price!! The ocean views are on Deck 5, the obstructed on Deck 8. I always thought the obstructed cabins were a little “cheaper” in price, isn’t that the way it is suppose to be?? Thoughts anyone;)

I've been tracking pricing on the Caribbean Princess for a few months and they are totally nuts. I've seen times when, for weeks, the price of an oceanview was higher than a balcony. I've seen it say "from $799" and not seen that price anywhere when it got down to selecting a cabin. And I've gone thru the entire selection process, after seeing prices three times, only to be a type was sold out (like all oceanviews.) I don't know where their heads are, but there is NO consistency on their web site.

I think the situation where "better cabins" are cheaper comes from the cruise line liking to offer the full range of cabins to passengers. Demand and supply pushes the prices up and down. Where a "rare" cabin type is offered often their price is very sensitive to demand, irrespective of how good or comparitively bad they are.

Regards John

There are Alaska cruises where both obstructed and unobstructed OV cabins are less than the least expensive inside available.

Guessing due to so many bookings of inside guarantees during the January/February Anniversary Sale.