Rhino Rider v. America's Cup and...

Which of the two are more highly recommended? Any commentary on either is greatly appreciated (good or bad).

Also....Which ever one we choose of the two, we will be looking for something to do in the morning. Any tour/excursion suggestions?

Thanks......Adam

• 1 month later...

Adam,

Don't know if you made your choice yet for your shore excursion but we are on the Caribbean Princess 9/4/04 sailing and would like any info you may have rec'd regarding these excursions. I am very interested in the America's Cup Regetta and would love to hear some feedback from anyone who has recently taken this excursion. My husband is prone to sea sickness if the sailing is in rough waters :( Any imput would be really appreciated before we try to book this adventure. Thanks!

We did the 12 Metre last October.

I can tell you that the 'ride' varies extremely from day to day, depending entirely on the weather conditions.

They sail out of Great Bay to the South of the island, where they have a course marked. That's what they sail.

If the weather is 'strong' that day, then you're in for a ride. If it's calm, then probably not. Whichever, though, these are good sized boats, and even though there is plenty of movement, they are quite stable and don't necessairly induce seasickness problems.

I have not done Rhino Riders, but they are just BIG waverunners.

As far as the America's Cup 12 Metre Challenge goes...DO IT! IT was the best shore excursion I have ever been on.

It was windy, but not too mindy the day we went out. What a ride, though. I would not call any of it choppy. They sail pretty smooth.

We have never done the Rhino Rider but have heard mixed comments on it. A couple at our table last yr did it and while they enjoyed it said they would not do it again. We did the America's Cup for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. We are planning on doing it again this year. However, I think the "smoothness" depends on the conditions as previous posters said. Our ride was fairly smooth but one lady did get ill. She was feeling queasy (sp?) about 1/2 way through the ride but luckily for the rest of us she didn't actually throw up until we were back on the "tender/barge" so she could have some space away from everyone else. I don't usually get ill but watching her trying to keep from getting ill made me a little queasy myself. Again though, I think it depends on the conditions. If hubby can do dramamine or something like that then I would recommend it before you go. Conditions do vary considerably. We were there two weeks (different ships) in a row last Nov. The first week all AC excursions were cancelled for the day because of NO wind. Then the second week we got to go and it was fairly windy but fairly smooth. Another excursion tha tI always recommend is the Golden Eagle catamaran. We have done it probably 10 times or so and love it every time.

Great Post! I was looking at both of these tours as possibilities. My husband cast the final vote when he said that he'd rather do the Rhino Riders. Now that I know that's what we want to do, I have to know whether it's offered for our Ship. We will be on Carnival Legend and will be in port from about 7am to 3pm. Does anyone know whether this excursion is offered for this sailing? If so, does anyone know how much it is?

Archived