After Cruise Review of the October 14th Adventure of the Seas Cruise

rrkkl

While the airport is fully functional and San Juan appears to be getting on it's feet, our overall experience with this cruise was unfortunate. We sailed with a group of 6 couples and we were able to make our own good times, however we were quite disappointed by Royal Caribbean. Each of us had repeatedly contacted RC to inquire about transferring to a different ship, or to postpone our cruise because we did not want to fly into a federal disaster area, and we were told no. So we sailed in good faith only to find that our ship would have been 70% empty due to cancelations, but Royal Caribbean decided to open the cruise up to the residents of Puerto Rico. RC did not offer any upgrades to its full fare passengers, but they sold the remaining rooms to PR residents for $500.00 rate any many cruised for free. All children were also free. This was evident to us as well as confirmed by the ship's staff members. I realize these people have been through an ordeal, but some of the attitude was unfortunate and this was not the cruise experience we were hoping for. Personally I feel that Royal Caribbean should have allowed anyone who wanted to postpone or transfer ships to do so, then they would have been able to open the entire ship to the people of Puerto Rico for this opportunity. Everyone would have then been happy. Very Disappointed in the way they handled this.

Reports like this is why fares are so cheap in the spring, but not to worry the airlines didn’t get that memo and the airfares have double or more.

Everyone needs to remember RCL is not in business to make sure you have a wonderful vacation. They as well as you go to work to make money [emoji383]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Reports like this is why fares are so cheap in the spring, but not to worry the airlines didn’t get that memo and the airfares have double or more.

Everyone needs to remember RCL is not in business to make sure you have a wonderful vacation. They as well as you go to work to make money [emoji383]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on the same cruise and had an awesome time! I applaud RCI for giving the people of PR a respite. I also wanted the cruise moved or cancelled at first I was initially angry with them but seeing I had no choice but to go decided to make the best of it. I am glad I saw first hand the situation and dire need for help. I was not offended being the minority on the ship. I was happy to see the families having fun, especially the children. Believe me, I cruise this time of year to avoid kids but given the circumstances, I was not annoyed. RCI is in the business to make money like any other business Pretty irresponsible to think otherwise. But I am

Not cynical enough to believe they are not in the business to make sure you have s wonderful vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What do you mean by "some attitude was unfortunate?" Btw I was upgraded/upsold to an owner's suite and loved it!!! I did not meet one person offended by the presence of the people from PR

While the airport is fully functional and San Juan appears to be getting on it's feet, our overall experience with this cruise was unfortunate. We sailed with a group of 6 couples and we were able to make our own good times, however we were quite disappointed by Royal Caribbean. Each of us had repeatedly contacted RC to inquire about transferring to a different ship, or to postpone our cruise because we did not want to fly into a federal disaster area, and we were told no. So we sailed in good faith only to find that our ship would have been 70% empty due to cancelations, but Royal Caribbean decided to open the cruise up to the residents of Puerto Rico. RC did not offer any upgrades to its full fare passengers, but they sold the remaining rooms to PR residents for $500.00 rate any many cruised for free. All children were also free. This was evident to us as well as confirmed by the ship's staff members. I realize these people have been through an ordeal, but some of the attitude was unfortunate and this was not the cruise experience we were hoping for. Personally I feel that Royal Caribbean should have allowed anyone who wanted to postpone or transfer ships to do so, then they would have been able to open the entire ship to the people of Puerto Rico for this opportunity. Everyone would have then been happy. Very Disappointed in the way they handled this.

I’m confused why sailing on a full ship would make you not have the cruise you were hoping for. Most ships sail full. And guess what... there’s probably lots of people on the ship that have paid less than you. There’s even some that paid more. I’ve never bothered to check how much someone else paid. I just go on my trip and enjoy myself and hope that they are enjoying their vacation too!

Sounds to me like you went with a bad attitude because you couldn’t cancel and let that affect your whole trip.

I hope I am wrong, but this really comes across as you not wanting to be around Puerto Rico residents, mentioning how many of "them" there were.

You had the choice to sail another date, and you could have done that and taken the loss if you wanted to. You are asking RCI to pay you back to cover your loss by insuring yourself. After handing you money that you agreed to pay, they then have to turn around and basically give the room away to fill up the ship, then where do you think that lost profit has to come from?

I’m confused why sailing on a full ship would make you not have the cruise you were hoping for. Most ships sail full. And guess what... there’s probably lots of people on the ship that have paid less than you. There’s even some that paid more. I’ve never bothered to check how much someone else paid. I just go on my trip and enjoy myself and hope that they are enjoying their vacation too!

Sounds to me like you went with a bad attitude because you couldn’t cancel and let that affect your whole trip.

I totally agree!! Sounds more to me resentment about the people of Puerto Rico who were on the ship and a bit of looking down their nose at them. I was on same sailing and had a fabulous time !!!!!!!

I was on the Oct 7 cruise from San Juan. A high percentage of locals on that cruise as well with many that we chatted with saying they were happy to have a break from the conditions as home. I have been on the October cruise out of San Juan several times over the years. It always has a high percentage of locals on it with a fair number of kids. On the cruise this year, the first one after the storm, I didn't see a markedly higher percentage of locals that in previous years without a major hurricane. I did see more obvious first timers that normal.

The cruise is what you make of it. It always is. If you are in a group of six who all like to commiserate about what is not perfect, you will no doubt have a different experience than if you were to hang out with our group of 6 that had a blast. RCI is only there to provide the opportunity for you to enjoy yourself, it is up to you to decide to have fun.

I was on the Oct 7 cruise from San Juan. A high percentage of locals on that cruise as well with many that we chatted with saying they were happy to have a break from the conditions as home. I have been on the October cruise out of San Juan several times over the years. It always has a high percentage of locals on it with a fair number of kids. On the cruise this year, the first one after the storm, I didn't see a markedly higher percentage of locals that in previous years without a major hurricane. I did see more obvious first timers that normal.

The cruise is what you make of it. It always is. If you are in a group of six who all like to commiserate about what is not perfect, you will no doubt have a different experience than if you were to hang out with our group of 6 that had a blast. RCI is only there to provide the opportunity for you to enjoy yourself, it is up to you to decide to have fun.

Absolutely!!! I have sailed out of SJ twice before and never noticed how many PR vs others there was. But then, I am blind to such differences. Your points are very very on mark