E716 on Island Princess

blueridgemama

I have booked this cabin for partial transit cruise on Island Princess. Unfortunately I can't afford a balcony so I thought the aft viewing balcony would be a good substitute. Does anyone have any thoughts on this cabin choice (good or bad)

No comments on the cabin, but if you plan to spend the transit on the aft balcony, you will be missing 80% of the action. (The same applies to any balcony) EM

Maybe I'm missing something, but aft balconies are a great place to observe canal operations. Our last time through was late last year on the Island, in cabin A726. It's wrap-around balcony allowed us to observe the locks and the mules as we moved through the canal.

I would think the inside cabin would be okay, since your plan is to observe the canal transit from a common, aft-facing viewing area.

I'm not planning to use the viewing deck for the transit. I guess I should have skipped the part of my question concerning the viewing deck. I am more interested in the location of the cabin and it's location.

It's as good an inside cabin as they come.