Tours for Esperance and Exmouth, Australia in February, 2018

There are all sorts of choices, depending on activity level, and $$.

http://www.visitningaloo.com.au/tours

Note, Coral Bay shown in some activities is a bit of a distance from Exmouth.

Thank you. I checked it out on Trip adviser. With our limited time in this tender port we will probably just go into the town and look around and have lunch. Snorkeling with the Whale Sharks is iffy and costly.

I did research on Esperance and found it looks like a quaint little town. We will probably just walk around their water front sculptures and visit the museum.

Thanks for you help.

Norine

We visited Esperance on the Eden in April and just walked around exploring the town and really enjoyed it especially the museum which was like taking a trip back in time. There are local tours available and I would also consider what the ship has in the way of tours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We visited Esperance on the Eden in April and just walked around exploring the town and really enjoyed it especially the museum which was like taking a trip back in time. There are local tours available and I would also consider what the ship has in the way of tours.

Thank you for your post. We will just explore the town since our ship does not show any tours yet. We leave in January for 4 month aboard ship so trying to get tours lined up in advance.

Norine

We visited Esperance back in ‘87 as part of a road trip and this time would have liked to have explored further afield but hey you can only do so much in the limited time you have when doing a Port visit on a cruise.

That part of WA is indeed a beautiful part of the country enjoy your visit.

Just an observation for those who might be interested.

On April 20th, 2023 there is a total eclipse of the sun (yes, I know it's way in the future but 5 years goes fast).

Exmouth is the only place in Australia to see it.

The serious eclipse chasers will be lining up their accommodation now.

An eclipse cruise from Fremantle sounds like a good idea to me. I wonder how to make cruise companies aware of the eclipse?

• 1 month later...
We will be on the Pacific Princess World Cruise. I am unable to find any tours on Princess or major search on internet. Does anyone in Australia know what is important to see in Esperance and Exmouth?

Thanks for any help.

Norine

Hello Norine,

I replied to your post on another board. The Scenic Flight out to Lake Hillier down the coastline is absolutely beautiful. I found this on tripadvisor, check it out.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/AttractionProductDetail-g255101-d13147298-Lake_Hillier_Middle_Island_Scenic_Flight_from_Esperance-Western_Australia.html

Get in touch with the company, most of them do free transfers from the ship to the airport down there.

We called in to Esperance off Radiance of the Seas about two years ago (it was the day the deadly fires started). There were local information tents at the pier where you could book some local tours. We booked a bus ride out to the Stone Henge replica. It was awsome, as they say. We were able to walk around inside and the owner/operators are very knowledgable. We have been to the original in GB in the days when you could walk around among the stones and it was marvelous to compare the two. The day was very hot and flies were thick. There is a small shop there at the henge where you can get a coffee, cold drinks, ice creams or souvenirs etc. There were markets on that day so we spent some time there. There's also a small, interesting museum. There is a very nice promenade along the beach with shaded BBQ areas and seats and cafes across the road too. And there are pubs.

We spent time geocaching also.