7-day Norse Legends cruise. Itinerary question!

Valrit

Hi experienced cruisers! My mother in law booked us on a family trip on the HAL koningsdam for the 7-day Norse legends cruise departing from Amsterdam. I'm a bit confused with the itinerary! What does it mean when it says cruising only for a particular day, but there still is a port with a schedule from 7am to 3pm. I guessed it means we are cruising through the fjord, but does that mean we get off the boat or not for that day?! If not, why is there a port with a schedule? Thanks so much for your help in clearing that up!!

This is the itinerary I see for this cruise: https://www.hollandamerica.com/details?webItineraryIdForAudit=E8N07A&fromSearchVacation=true&guestsCount=2&voyageCode=K836&selectedMeta=Interior&shipId=KO

Day 0:

June 03, 2018 Departs 05:00 PM

Amsterdam, The NetherlandsPC

Day 1:

June 04, 2018

AT SEA

Day 2:

June 05, 2018 Arrives 07:00 AM

Departs 03:00 PM

Eidfjord, Norway

Day 2:

June 05, 2018

Scenic cruising HardangerfjordCO

Day 3:

June 06, 2018 Arrives 08:00 AM

Departs 11:00 PM

Alesund, Norway

Day 4:

June 07, 2018 Arrives 07:00 AM

Departs 05:00 PM

Geiranger, NorwayTRNW

Day 4:

June 07, 2018

Cruising GeirangerfjordCO

Day 5:

June 08, 2018 Arrives 08:00 AM

Departs 05:00 PM

Bergen, Norway

Day 6:

June 09, 2018

AT SEA

Day 7:

June 10, 2018 Arrives 07:00 AM

Amsterdam, The Netherlan

The beauty of several ports, such as Geiranger, is the slow sail along the fjord...you will want to be out on deck so that you can see everything pointed out to you such as 7 Sister's waterfall. This will take a few hours, and eventually you'll reach the small town at the head of the fjord, where you'll either tender or go on the sea walk. This, along with other places, is a small place with limited facilities, so it's either an excursion; a local sightseeing trip or sail, or walks around the water, and visiting small shops.

Much of the joy of Norwegian cruises is the lazy days sailing into this magnificent scenery, but the villages at the end are sometimes very tiny, and the port times may be quite short.

You've misread the itinerary, I believe - the word "only" does not appear on that schedule. You leave Eidfjord at 3 pm and the next entry on the list is "cruise Hardangerfjord" - that's because to get away from Eidfjord, you have to cruise Hardangerfjord. Eidfjord is a long way inland - several hours sailing.