Atlantis Aquarium- help pretty please!

Rarejules

I am trying to find an excursion that includes the ferry(mini tour) that also includes pass to Aquarium at Atlantis. Any idea of tour operator that has this. Leaving in two weeks just booked yesterday. Thanks for your help in advance.:)

I am trying to find an excursion that includes the ferry(mini tour) that also includes pass to Aquarium at Atlantis. Any idea of tour operator that has this. Leaving in two weeks just booked yesterday. Thanks for your help in advance.:)

This is only available thru the cruise lines. You can take the water taxi to Atlantis for $4 (or a cab) and purchase an aquarium pass for $40 which includes a mini tour of Atlantis.

a question about the Atlantis.

we are doing the ship's tour aquaadventure..

can we wear pool sandals on the rides?

and

are the lockers safe enough for an Iphone and wallet holding a credit card and passport?

are the lockers in an open area or are they in the back of some locker room?

bottom line..does anyone leave their valuables in them and are there any stories of breakins?

thanks.

a question about the Atlantis.

we are doing the ship's tour aquaadventure..

can we wear pool sandals on the rides?

and

are the lockers safe enough for an Iphone and wallet holding a credit card and passport?

are the lockers in an open area or are they in the back of some locker room?

bottom line..does anyone leave their valuables in them and are there any stories of breakins?

thanks.

It's advisable to wear water shoes / sandals both walking on the walkway and on the rides. Shoes/sandals can not have any hardware, grommets, snaps, buttons or hard surfaces. Sandals don't usually stay on.. most people take them off at the top of the stairs and hold them tightly in their hands. Hopefully they float if you let go of them.

As for the lockers, haven't heard any stories, but that doesn't mean anything. Atlantis doesn't report such incidence to the police.

It's advisable to wear water shoes / sandals both walking on the walkway and on the rides. Shoes/sandals can not have any hardware, grommets, snaps, buttons or hard surfaces. Sandals don't usually stay on.. most people take them off at the top of the stairs and hold them tightly in their hands. Hopefully they float if you let go of them.

As for the lockers, haven't heard any stories, but that doesn't mean anything. Atlantis doesn't report such incidence to the police.

let me ask would you think it is advisable to leave an Iphone and passports and one credit card in the locker? What other option is there...a waterproof pouch made for phones etc to wear arould my neck? or waist? which of course I would take on the water rides with me.:(

I always travel light, but the phone a pp or dl really do need to come with me. I am willing to just bring my DL if that is good enough. in 2011 we did the BCH and used our pp to get back thru Nassau port security and didn't notice if others used DL, but I suppose they would as a PP is not required.

thanks.

let me ask would you think it is advisable to leave an Iphone and passports and one credit card in the locker? What other option is there...a waterproof pouch made for phones etc to wear arould my neck? or waist? which of course I would take on the water rides with me.:(

I always travel light, but the phone a pp or dl really do need to come with me. I am willing to just bring my DL if that is good enough. in 2011 we did the BCH and used our pp to get back thru Nassau port security and didn't notice if others used DL, but I suppose they would as a PP is not required.

thanks.

You only need your sea&sail card and ID to get back onboard. No need to take your passport. Actually, ther'e no need to take your iphone either as it likely won't work on the Atlantis grounds. (not great reception).

As for waterproof pouches, they are allowed on the waterslides as long as there are no snaps, or metal parts. I use flexible scuba bags, not the hard plastic.

You only need your sea&sail card and ID to get back onboard. No need to take your passport. Actually, ther'e no need to take your iphone either as it likely won't work on the Atlantis grounds. (not great reception).

As for waterproof pouches, they are allowed on the waterslides as long as there are no snaps, or metal parts. I use flexible scuba bags, not the hard plastic.

iphone for pix. if not the iphone then a camera..maybe I will just bring a cheap disposable one for the atlantis, but a digital or iphone takes better pix. not looking to upload to fb, just take pix.

any camera I bring to the atlantis other than a cheap one still begs to ask the same questions.

do folks leave valuables in the atlantis lockers with no fear? I am comfortable with leaving the stuff, but would just like to know how others are thinking.

thanks

iphone for pix. if not the iphone then a camera..maybe I will just bring a cheap disposable one for the atlantis, but a digital or iphone takes better pix. not looking to upload to fb, just take pix.

any camera I bring to the atlantis other than a cheap one still begs to ask the same questions.

do folks leave valuables in the atlantis lockers with no fear? I am comfortable with leaving the stuff, but would just like to know how others are thinking.

thanks

Sorry, I can't tell you one way or the other about leaving your stuff in a locker. I have't heard anything, but we rarely hear anything bad that goes on there.

(I was mugged in Marina Village and my camera stolen and they wouldn't report it to the police for insurance).

I wouldn't leave anything of any value in a locker, anywhere.

I was mugged in Marina Village and my camera stolen and they wouldn't report it to the police for insurance.

Just curious, maybe the law is different there, but couldn't YOU report it to the police or would they just not admit that anything ever happened?

Just curious, maybe the law is different there, but couldn't YOU report it to the police or would they just not admit that anything ever happened?

I did.. but I had to go to central station. Paradise Island police told me that Atlantis security handles it.. and they couldn't overstep.

I went to central station in Nassau and Insisted that they take my statement.

Makes me wonder what else happens that we don't know.

To Scubagirrl, Is there a time when the Aquarium at Atlantis will be free?

Not exactly. It's never "free".. just unmanned. People go through when security leaves their post around 7pm. But they can still ask you to leave if they come back.. It's not ever open to the public.

It now closes around 10pm.

Archived