Trikes Cozumel Confirmed!

mrsfuzzmo

We've been in close touch with the Trikes Cozumel company since we did the Trikes Aruba in February and absolutely loved it. While there, they told us that Cozumel and St. Maarten were both going to be up and running in the next couple of months.

We cruise in June and have tried booking, but got the answer that they had not yet got their government approvals, so it was a waiting game. They have the bikes and everything ready, just needed the approval (of some sort). I received confirmation last night that they got their approval and will have the license plates for the trikes next week!!

WooHoo! We are confirmed and very excited to be some of the first to give this tour a shot on June 22. I will come back and review of course. We really loved it in Aruba, always have fun on the east side of Cozumel, so interested in what the itinerary will be (they did not tell us where we will be stopping). We now have all our excursions and plans secured!

Yes! I would think so! Mom & Dad would each have to drive one Trike with one passenger. It's a lot of fun! Great way to see the island and it's not an all day thing, so if you wanted to hit the beach or town afterward, there's plenty of time to do that!

They do have a web site it's trikes-cozumel dot com. They have been really responsive and great to work with . The trikes are large motorbikes with three wheels, and really easy to drive. No experience driving a motorcycle and no special licensing needed. You DO need to be a legally licensed driver to be the driver, though. We did this in Aruba and loved it, so hopefully Cozumel is just as nice!

http://trikes-cozumel.com/reservations/

However don't recognize much of the gallery.

Are the photos from Aruba, mrsfuzz?

Yes, most of the photos....at least those with the colored trikes are definitley Aruba. They are applying their license plates this week, so they haven't actually taken any tours out yet. I'm sure more photos will come in as they start booking.

Looks like the photos with the white trikes are the new ones in Cozumel.

Cost is $190 per trike (for two people) and a third person is $85 I believe. What I liked that they did in Aruba was stop at a number of great photo ops and took a LOT of photos of us on the trikes...and off. Then they just posted them on the FB page for us to use. No charge! Nice perk! I'm not sure of the itinerary in Cozumel yet, but I'll be sure to have a full report. We ride three weeks from tomorrow!!

Yes, most of the photos....at least those with the colored trikes are definitley Aruba. They are applying their license plates this week, so they haven't actually taken any tours out yet. I'm sure more photos will come in as they start booking.

Looks like the photos with the white trikes are the new ones in Cozumel.

Cost is $190 per trike (for two people) and a third person is $85 I believe. What I liked that they did in Aruba was stop at a number of great photo ops and took a LOT of photos of us on the trikes...and off. Then they just posted them on the FB page for us to use. No charge! Nice perk! I'm not sure of the itinerary in Cozumel yet, but I'll be sure to have a full report. We ride three weeks from tomorrow!!

That's what I was thinking regarding the photos!

It says 3rd person is $95.

Do you know if they pick you up and drop you back off at the port or do you have to do that on your own?

Just got that info. They will pick us up and drop us off right at the port. They will be right there when we get through the cruise port shops with a sign. If it's similar to Aruba (which I'm guessing it will be) they pick you up in a van and take you to their office to take care of the liability waivers and the payments, then you hop on the trikes there and head out.....ending back at the office. I don't know where that is in Cozumel yet, but if it's in town, we will probably just stay in town for a few hours and then taxi back to the ship.

Just got that info. They will pick us up and drop us off right at the port. They will be right there when we get through the cruise port shops with a sign. If it's similar to Aruba (which I'm guessing it will be) they pick you up in a van and take you to their office to take care of the liability waivers and the payments, then you hop on the trikes there and head out.....ending back at the office. I don't know where that is in Cozumel yet, but if it's in town, we will probably just stay in town for a few hours and then taxi back to the ship.

Surprised to hear they can do that on Cozumel, with the taxi union rules? I thought that was why the Bar Hop meets off site.

We've been in close touch with the Trikes Cozumel company since we did the Trikes Aruba in February and absolutely loved it. While there, they told us that Cozumel and St. Maarten were both going to be up and running in the next couple of months.

We cruise in June and have tried booking, but got the answer that they had not yet got their government approvals, so it was a waiting game. They have the bikes and everything ready, just needed the approval (of some sort). I received confirmation last night that they got their approval and will have the license plates for the trikes next week!!

WooHoo! We are confirmed and very excited to be some of the first to give this tour a shot on June 22. I will come back and review of course. We really loved it in Aruba, always have fun on the east side of Cozumel, so interested in what the itinerary will be (they did not tell us where we will be stopping). We now have all our excursions and plans secured!

After doing trikes in Aruba, we've (me, DW, DS) been following them and have reservations for June 9, I'll let you know how it goes. My confirmation states we will meet them outside the port entrance and will be dropped off in the same place after the tour. I also think the trikes are automatic; it's not a big deal for me (kinda nice, though), but it may make the tour more accessible to others. My DW and I did the Coz Harley tour before DS and feel it was the best tour we've ever did. Hopefully, this will be comparable.

After doing trikes in Aruba, we've (me, DW, DS) been following them and have reservations for June 9, I'll let you know how it goes. My confirmation states we will meet them outside the port entrance and will be dropped off in the same place after the tour. I also think the trikes are automatic; it's not a big deal for me (kinda nice, though), but it may make the tour more accessible to others. My DW and I did the Coz Harley tour before DS and feel it was the best tour we've ever did. Hopefully, this will be comparable.

Let me know how it goes!! I"ll be interested to hear about the itinerary/stops.

Going to see if mom( 77) would like to do this .. Do you stop at any bars on the way???

I don't yet know what the route will be! Since they are just starting this week, they may post that soon....or not at all.

I really hope these things aren't loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The trikes in Aruba were just normal sounding. Not any louder than a regular motorbike that rides around there. Are you thinking that they are all jacked-up loud like some people do with Harley's? Then no. They are stock bikes from the factory, specially built for this company (we got the rundown in Aruba). They are automatic and have the engine of a small car, like a volkswagon.

Our June 9 tour was cancelled on June 7. The backstory... We attempted to make reservations when I first learned of the tour in Jan '17. After several e-mail exchanges they could not give confirmation due to ongoing government approval processes that had no end in sight. We moved on and made reservations at Mr. Sanchos. Fast forward to May and we received an e-mail stating they received government approval and they could confirm if we were still interested. We were, so we confirmed with the trike tour and cancelled our Mr. Sancho's reservation. On June 5 (while on cruise that embarked June 4, glad I got VOOM) we received an e-mail stating they still hadn't received license plates, but were hoping to before June 9. I asked them to keep me in the loop and started researching other options. On June 7 they officially cancelled stating they would not be able to get license plates prior to June 9. Looks like were going to Paradise Beach as our faves (Nachi and Sancho's) are full; not too bad a trade off, just not our 1st choice. While I appreciate them keeping me in the loop and it's apparent they are working to finalize everything they should have not sent out multiple e-mails "confirming" the tour unless they were sure it was going to happen. It's not too big of deal for my DW and I, but the DS was looking forward to this tour more than any other on this cruise. I'm sure one day they will offer a wonderful tour, but they still need to get their act together.

It didn't. See above post.

- BigDaddyCVO

Yes, I just got an e-mail yesterday saying the same. They are all approved and ready to go, but the license plates have not shown up yet. They said they will keep us in the loop and as of yesterday have been great e-mailing updates back and forth.

We are OK if we cannot go, we will just find something else last minute (we've been to Coz many times) and since this is the last of four ports in a row, a relaxing day would be fine. I will be disappointed, but will also try to book them again in the future I'm sure. I'll let you know what happens in the next two weeks!

• 3 weeks later...