Web check-in (UK) problem

tjwa

I am sailing in 3 weeks time and when trying to complete the web check-in process I get the following response:-

Emergency email cannot be equal to your email or another passengers email.

Yet there is no box for me to infill the email details of the emergency contact.

I am sailing in 3 weeks time and when trying to complete the web check-in process I get the following response:-

Emergency email cannot be equal to your email or another passengers email.

Yet there is no box for me to infill the email details of the emergency contact.

you don't do it on the web check-in, you ad the information to your profile

here you will find a tab labelled passenger data

click this and if you scroll down you will find emergency contact info

emergancy%20contact.jpgemergancy%20contact%202.jpg

you should be sorted if you follow this

Pete

Skier,

Thank you for the information and I did fill in passenger data first with the correct details but the web check-in is asking for this information as well. In view of this I am unable to register my cc.

We had exactly the same issue when we checked in this week. Luckily we had a 3rd independent email address that we could use on the web check-in site. The web offering that MSC has is totally frustrating. I cannot begin to describe some of the unnecessary complications that I have been subject to whilst using it over the past few months anyway let's hope the cruise proves to be more enjoyable than the experience of using the website.

Edited by jerseylily

I had the same problem with the US site. It appears to pre populate your email address across all passengers and then comes up as invalid. Luckily, I have multiple aliases that all route to the same account, so I was able to get around this hiccup especially since my wife doesn't have an email address.

Many thanks to all who replied.

Today, after many days of trying, I decided to have one last go to check-in on line and low and behold it worked. I still do not have any faith in the website and I will also confirm with MSC that I have actually checked in.

Not sure if it is standard MSC procedure but a) I now have to contact my TA to issue the e tickets and b) no cc details were asked for.

Thanks again for your help in this matter.