RCI Best of Rome excursion?

We'll be cruising via Symphony of the Seas in the next few months to Western Mediterranean. Could you please share your experience on RCI Best of Rome excursion. Other than the guarantee that the ship would not leave you behind, is the price worth it? Thanks.

We booked the RCI a passage to Rome which really is only transfers to Rome & 5 hours free time. Reason for doing this is we get the freedom to explore but also the guarantee the ship won't leave us stranded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did this excursion the first time we went to Rome and it was fabulous. Well worth the cost. We had a wonderful guide and saw so much in one visit because it was very well organised and we “skipped the queues “ in places. We had no anxiety about missing the ship due to traffic etc. I would definitely recommend it - it is probably the best excursion we have done. On a later stop we went on the train by ourselves and although we had a nice day, there is no way we could have seen as much by doing it ourselves. If you think you are only going to do Rome once, treat yourselves to the RCI day.

We booked the RCI a passage to Rome which really is only transfers to Rome & 5 hours free time. Reason for doing this is we get the freedom to explore but also the guarantee the ship won't leave us stranded.

Is this a train or bus excursion?

Is this a train or bus excursion?

Usually it's busses and on a good day from Civitavecchia is 1.5 hours. I believe that specific tour is about 10 hours and includes some free time to visit the Vatican.

We've done 4 12 nite Med. cruises and on our last one we just took the bus to the Vatican and explored on our own. Next time we'll take the bus to near the Vatican and use the hop on/off bus to see more of the City.

We did this excursion the first time we went to Rome and it was fabulous. Well worth the cost. We had a wonderful guide and saw so much in one visit because it was very well organised and we “skipped the queues “ in places. We had no anxiety about missing the ship due to traffic etc. I would definitely recommend it - it is probably the best excursion we have done. On a later stop we went on the train by ourselves and although we had a nice day, there is no way we could have seen as much by doing it ourselves. If you think you are only going to do Rome once, treat yourselves to the RCI day.

Thanks for your feedback. We have decided to book this excursion.

We did this excursion last September and loved it. A long bus ride to Rome and back. Guides were great. Lots of walking up and down hills/steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your feedback. I will book this excursion and looking forward to doing 20,000 plus steps :-)