Taking the First NCL Ferry to St. George on Arrival Day - Crowded/Advice?

pitt2phila

We're hoping to take the very first free NCL ferry to St. George on the morning that the Escape arrives in Bermuda. For anyone who has used the ferry/traveled to Bermuda this year, any advice on taking that very first ferry? What time should we line-up to ensure that we are able to get onto this ferry? How crowded was this first ferry? Any advice is appreciated.

We took the first St. George's ferry on 6/6 and we had no problem getting seats inside. That ferry holds a lot of passengers and we got there about 5 minutes before they left. I guess it does depend on who is planning to take the ferry that day but we also heard talk on the ride that a bunch of passengers did not know about the free ferry and had paid to use the regular one.

That morning it was dreary out when I got up to get ready and by the time I was showered and dressed for staying at the dockyard I peeked outside and saw it was sunny so we ate quick and I came back to the room to get changed. Not sure if others changed their plans with the weather also. It was busier later in the day once the sun was coming out in St. George's as we were leaving to head back.

I just got back yesterday, and my family took the first St. George NCL ferry last week when we docked. The ferry was not totally full when it left the dock. They didn't really advertise it on board, so I'm not sure if everyone knew about it. On our return from St. George, we took the 3:00 ferry and that one wasn't full either.