Cunard new policies?

Prince-hulse

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else aware of the relatively new policies Cunard are applying on Early Booking fares and Saver Fares.

As Platinum members we have cruised many times with Cunard, All ships, but did not realise they where sectioning us dependant on the fare that was paid.

Our recent cruise on the Queen Elizabeth highlighted some of whats not included in this policy, this includes allocating dining seating times by fare paid and having to pay for some of the ship to shore/town shuttle buses. Not a big expenses about $6 each way, but a charge that other standard fare cruiser does not have to pay. This was clearly highlighted in the daily program when you arrive at a destination which made us feel like 3rd class passengers because of the way it was worded.

6 weeks ago when we cruised the Queen Victoria, not such issues !

I know sometimes when you book a guaranteed cabin you may not get what you want but to highlight these additional charges in the daily programme was quite shocking, especially how it was worded. Oh by the way these charges will be mentioned somewhere in the small print when you book.

So if you lucky enough to get a good deal, double check whats included and what's excluded with your agent thus avoiding dissapointment! :confused:

One more thing, if you get on-board credit to your account, make sure you spend it. Cunard will not refund any outstanding onboard credit on your account, they simply keep it!

What' your view on additional charges !

Edited by Prince-hulse
Spelling

All depends on the difference between Cunard (full) and Early-Booker fares IMHO. Given the former also includes other perks, I wouldn't take the Early Saver fare to save £100. OTOH, I paid £400 less, which IMHO is well worth the disadvantages.

As has been said, none of this is new.

Stuart

I have always been happy to choose Select or Saver and know the difference between the two. As for the onboard credit, think that speaks for itself - it’s a credit whilst onboard. We keep a close eye on our onboard spend and request statements regularly throughout the cruise. If there’s any left towards the end I may buy myself a treat in the shops onboard or splurge in the new gin bar on QV, alternatively you can ask to increase the amount of gratuities so the crew get more rather than the company.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else aware of the relatively new policies Cunard are applying on Early Booking fares and Saver Fares.

As Platinum members we have cruised many times with Cunard, All ships, but did not realise they where sectioning us dependant on the fare that was paid.

Our recent cruise on the Queen Elizabeth highlighted some of whats not included in this policy, this includes allocating dining seating times by fare paid and having to pay for some of the ship to shore/town shuttle buses. Not a big expenses about $6 each way, but a charge that other standard fare cruiser does not have to pay. This was clearly highlighted in the daily program when you arrive at a destination which made us feel like 3rd class passengers because of the way it was worded.

6 weeks ago when we cruised the Queen Victoria, not such issues !

I know sometimes when you book a guaranteed cabin you may not get what you want but to highlight these additional charges in the daily programme was quite shocking, especially how it was worded. Oh by the way these charges will be mentioned somewhere in the small print when you book.

So if you lucky enough to get a good deal, double check whats included and what's excluded with your agent thus avoiding dissapointment! :confused:

One more thing, if you get on-board credit to your account, make sure you spend it. Cunard will not refund any outstanding onboard credit on your account, they simply keep it!

What' your view on additional charges !

I don't believe there is anything new here - I thought this policy had been made totally clear for the Saver fares. As you say, it is in the brochure and website: **Early Saver and other promotional fares do not include shuttle bus fees.

Surely, if you have "Cunard Fare" & "Saver Fare" side by side, one would expects some difference in the T&C's

I have seen occasions where the policy has not been implemented on the shuttle bus.

I agree that the differences in the various fare structures is very clearly, and prominently shown.

We almost always book Cunard fares, because the accommodation we book seldom has reductions, but on the odd occasion we have booked a reduced fare, we expected to receive less for it!