Booking B2B while on cruise

larry_s_taco

We are taking a cruise in Feb with family that will be a 5 day cruise. We love to cruise, and would like to take a longer one. We talked about the fact that if we liked the specific cruise we were on possibly speaking with the future cruise consultant while on board to book the following cruise essentially making it a 10 day cruise. Does anyone have any experience doing this, or does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Larry

The on board PVP on board can sell it. He or she might not be able to take your money for the cruise. i don't think that Passenger services will be able to help eirger. It doesn't harm to ask. Yoi'll have to do as soon as you board.Your info has to be sent to the ship 72hours before the cruise.

We are taking a cruise in Feb with family that will be a 5 day cruise. We love to cruise, and would like to take a longer one. We talked about the fact that if we liked the specific cruise we were on possibly speaking with the future cruise consultant while on board to book the following cruise essentially making it a 10 day cruise. Does anyone have any experience doing this, or does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry

The obvious thought would be, if you want to go on a longer cruise, why wouldn't you plan ahead and book a longer cruise.

As to your question, since it is a 5 day cruise, you would be at best looking at a last minute cruise. These cruises do sell out, or maybe have just a few cabins available. Very likely, you could pay a premium price for what is left. If this isn't a concern and like you say you are enjoying yourself, I would think it would be possible.

Personally, if I knew I had the time and was considering something like this, I would be looking at a different cruise that I could tack onto the original one either before or after, just so I wasn't going to the same ports again. I would however look into it and book now, so I would know all my options. I haven't yet been on a cruise I didn't enjoy, so my only consideration would be if the timing is right. :D

whatever you decide

have a great cruise

Hi Larry

The obvious thought would be, if you want to go on a longer cruise, why wouldn't you plan ahead and book a longer cruise.

As to your question, since it is a 5 day cruise, you would be at best looking at a last minute cruise. These cruises do sell out, or maybe have just a few cabins available. Very likely, you could pay a premium price for what is left. If this isn't a concern and like you say you are enjoying yourself, I would think it would be possible.

Personally, if I knew I had the time and was considering something like this, I would be looking at a different cruise that I could tack onto the original one either before or after, just so I wasn't going to the same ports again. I would however look into it and book now, so I would know all my options. I haven't yet been on a cruise I didn't enjoy, so my only consideration would be if the timing is right. :D

whatever you decide

have a great cruise

I usually schedule longer cruises, but this one I'm doing for a group of my family. They had it booked, and wanted me to come along. I am looking at other cruises out of New Orleans to possibly pick up after this one if the B2B plan doesn't work out. One thought I had about the B2B is that with all of the family interaction involved on the first 5 days, the second 5 days without them would probably seen like a completely different cruise...(If you know what I mean.)

I usually schedule longer cruises, but this one I'm doing for a group of my family. They had it booked, and wanted me to come along. I am looking at other cruises out of New Orleans to possibly pick up after this one if the B2B plan doesn't work out. One thought I had about the B2B is that with all of the family interaction involved on the first 5 days, the second 5 days without them would probably seen like a completely different cruise...(If you know what I mean.)

Hi again

Yes, it would be different. I still think if you have this in mind, you should be looking now. Not only for the price, but also for the cabin selection. Who knows, you might even be able to keep the same cabin.

Being on your own, you might even consider cruises leaving from a Florida port the next day. With a short flight you would have a much wider choice.

again...good luck

We've done a back to back, and while waiting for the first cruise the second one sold out. We bought both at the same time and booked the same room on both.

You do risk the possibility that it is sold out if you wait to book until you are onboard.

We've done a back to back, and while waiting for the first cruise the second one sold out. We bought both at the same time and booked the same room on both.

You do risk the possibility that it is sold out if you wait to book until you are onboard.

That is a very good point. We've decided to spend some time in New Orleans after this cruise to extend our vacation, and then book another longer cruise in the fall. Two cruises in a year never hurt anyone ;)

Thanks for everyone's input.