wine update on Jade

rjm11

Just back from the Jade and had some updates on the wines by the glass. There was an improved selection onboard in most places, but especially in LeBistro and Cagneys where they offered some much higher end wines for a shocking $50 a glass ($35 if you have the UBP). There were three different reds at that price. We tried one of them and it was great. It was a very large pour, but still the price was of course high. There were also several other wines that were $17-$22 per glass. I took a picture of the menu and I'll try to post it here. They pour these wines with that Coravin thing- like a needle that goes into the cork so it can seal back up.

Also, the Viva Vino package included Rombauer Chardonnay at the highest group- 4 bottles for $110. There were 6 bottle and 8 bottle options too but I don't recall those prices, but even at the lowest buy-in of 4 bottles, that's only $27.50 per bottle. In the stores Rombauer is about $35, $67 at a restuarant, so we thought this was a really good deal.

Just back from the Jade and had some updates on the wines by the glass. There was an improved selection onboard in most places, but especially in LeBistro and Cagneys where they offered some much higher end wines for a shocking $50 a glass ($35 if you have the UBP). There were three different reds at that price. We tried one of them and it was great. It was a very large pour, but still the price was of course high. There were also several other wines that were $17-$22 per glass. I took a picture of the menu and I'll try to post it here. They pour these wines with that Coravin thing- like a needle that goes into the cork so it can seal back up.

Thank you for posting this information. We have a cruise with the Jade next month, with the UBP included, and previously I have not been very happy with the reduced wine-by-the-glass-list they have offered. If the wine is good, then I have no problem paying a little extra to get a glass of good wine with my dinner (the ones that initially cost $17-$22 per glass, not the ones that cost $50... :D ).

Thank you for posting this information. We have a cruise with the Jade next month, with the UBP included, and previously I have not been very happy with the reduced wine-by-the-glass-list they have offered. If the wine is good, then I have no problem paying a little extra to get a glass of good wine with my dinner (the ones that initially cost $17-$22 per glass, not the ones that cost $50... :D ).

Yes, the $50 per glass is a bit much- but I looked up the bottle, and it retails for $205. The pours were well over 9 oz. I'd say, so it wasn't a bad price actually if you want to drink something that high end. It was really delicious! They had at least 3 chardonnays, some malbecs, sangiovese, and bordeaux that were all in the $17-22 range. I have the pictures on my phone- they are too big to upload here directly- I'll stick them on my computer tonight and try to post.

Y I have the pictures on my phone- they are too big to upload here directly- I'll stick them on my computer tonight and try to post.

I believe that you now only can post photos in a thread here on CC by copying directly from a website link (eg. an online photo album, like flickr, Google photo, etc). Unfortunately not possible to enclose photos here the way we were able to do in the past.

Of the "really expensive" wines, in addition to the Cabernet for $50, there were also 2 different French red blends- one was $65 per glass (Gerard Bertrand CLOS D'ORA Minervois Le Liviniere Languerdoc-Roussillion), and one was $55 per glass ((Chateu Pichon Lalande 2eme Cru Classe Paulliac). We asked for one of the blends, but they said of the 3 they only had the Cab, the others were supposed to come on board this week. Sounds like these wines were just introduced 2 weeks ago- we were the third people to have ordered it.

Of the "really expensive" wines, in addition to the Cabernet for $50, there were also 2 different French red blends- one was $65 per glass (Gerard Bertrand CLOS D'ORA Minervois Le Liviniere Languerdoc-Roussillion), and one was $55 per glass ((Chateu Pichon Lalande 2eme Cru Classe Paulliac). We asked for one of the blends, but they said of the 3 they only had the Cab, the others were supposed to come on board this week. Sounds like these wines were just introduced 2 weeks ago- we were the third people to have ordered it.

Thanks for the report and for answering my other question!