Carnival Breeze newbie questions

Hello all! Newbie here, sailing on my first Carnival Breeze cruise at the end of August out of Galveston.

I have a few questions about the cruise.

How will I know what movies are available at the dive in? Is this information posted somewhere that I could see before I get on the ship?

Any opinions on the Thrill Theater? My wife and I will be traveling with our 10 and 7 yr old daughters and they're really not a huge fan of the 4d style movie experience, especially the violent chair moving. How intense are the special effects during the kid's shows? We thought it might be nice to try as a family instead of sitting around the lido deck watching a hairy chest contest.

Does this ship also have the Build a Bear store/workshop for the kids?

Does the ship still do anything fun for St Judes? Our 10yr old is a 7+ year cancer survivor so we really love St Judes and are looking forward to partaking in the fun if it's kid friendly.

Thanks for all of your time!!

Thrill Theater !

Watched some kind of fish movie and it's dark in there. When the fish splashed water some guy reached from behind a curtain and squirted me with a water bottle.

Those little guys are fast, never did catch him :mad:

The movies are posted daily in the Fun Times on the ship. Don't know if they're available before you board. In December they were still doing the "Groove For St Jude" which they seem to do on every ship.

H

Any opinions on the Thrill Theater? My wife and I will be traveling with our 10 and 7 yr old daughters and they're really not a huge fan of the 4d style movie experience, especially the violent chair moving. How intense are the special effects during the kid's shows? We thought it might be nice to try as a family instead of sitting around the lido deck watching a hairy chest contest.

!

you can see what movies are playing on the big screen by looking at the Funtimes

John Heald posts the entire selection but not all those movies are shown on any ship all month.

Sometimes you can find out the Dive-In movies on Carnival's FB page, but not always. The Thrill Theater shows several short movies, you can buy a one-time ticket or you can buy a pass that lets you go to any showing thru the entire cruise. We bought those on our last Breeze cruise and quite enjoyed the 4-5 different little movies they showed. The chairs do rock, but not very hard and you do get a little mist when it's a water scene. But we didn't get wet wet, it was just a light mist. We enjoyed them enough that we went and saw a couple of them more than once. I do not remember a Build-a-Bear being onboard, but it has been a couple of years since we were on the Breeze, maybe it's since been added.

Have a great cruise!!:cool:

Sometimes you can find out the Dive-In movies on Carnival's FB page, but not always. The Thrill Theater shows several short movies, you can buy a one-time ticket or you can buy a pass that lets you go to any showing thru the entire cruise. We bought those on our last Breeze cruise and quite enjoyed the 4-5 different little movies they showed. The chairs do rock, but not very hard and you do get a little mist when it's a water scene. But we didn't get wet wet, it was just a light mist. We enjoyed them enough that we went and saw a couple of them more than once. I do not remember a Build-a-Bear being onboard, but it has been a couple of years since we were on the Breeze, maybe it's since been added.

Have a great cruise!!:cool:

What was the price difference between the one-time ticker vs the pass?

Here are the Dive In Big Screen movies for August.

Rampage

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Avengers: Infinity War

Black Panther

Pacific Rim Uprising

Ready Player One

Pitch Perfect 3

Book Club

A Wrinkle in Time

The Greatest Showman

Peter Rabbit

Coco

Deadpool 2 – late night movie

Thrill Theater is 5.50 Single (adult and kids) and $12.95 for the entire trip. Kids prices are only for the whole week and looks like 9.95.

My wife and I did thrill theater and there were some things you should know.... at least what we observed.

Day 1 seemed to be the ONLY day that had anything special outside of the Levels 1-2-3 (which 1-2-3 are the intensity levels 1 is kids simple stuff, 2 is like roller coasters and 3 is 17+ scary movie type (lots of blood splash etc))

The biggest issue was that not all the seats had all the effects. Some seats wouldn't get water spray, some wouldn't have the leg whip etc. Also check the times AT the theater, times in the fun times were off some of the days and we missed. Barely got to see the level 2 I wanted to see since it had a pacific rim video in it.

Over all I probably won't do it again (going back in sept) This is actually a ship tour I shot (gonna make a 4K much more stable one when we go back) my link starts right at the thrill theater prices and times.