Spencer Ambrose Snorkeling Tour Question

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:18 PM.
Missouri
45 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
My family of 4 is thinking about going on the Snorkeling tour with Spencer Ambrose tours. My husband has issues with his knee and is worried about getting on and off the boat. Does anyone know if you get off at a dock or do you have to jump on and off the boat?

Thanks!!
St. Lucia, West Indies
4,106 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by fefebear
My family of 4 is thinking about going on the Snorkeling tour with Spencer Ambrose tours. My husband has issues with his knee and is worried about getting on and off the boat. Does anyone know if you get off at a dock or do you have to jump on and off the boat?

Thanks!!
The boat had a ladder, and the guys onboard will definitely help lift/pull as needed. Most snorkeling is off the boat itself, not tied up at a dock...
Missouri
45 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by reedprincess
The boat had a ladder, and the guys onboard will definitely help lift/pull as needed. Most snorkeling is off the boat itself, not tied up at a dock...

Thank you. We went on the Jelousy Beach Break a couple of years ago and snorkeled from the beach. I wasn’t sure if that was how they did the snorkeling also. This will help us decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Pennsylvania and Florida
1,287 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
We did Spencer's "new snorkeling for" cruise ship passengers. It was 2 stops, Anse Chastanet, and Jalosie Beach. Both stops the snorkeling was from shore. See post 34 here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2499327&page=2

for a description of our excursion. We did need to use a ladder to get into and out of the boat.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

July 1992 - Alaska - Regent Star, November 2006 - Bahamas - Disney Wonder
November 2007 - Western Caribbean - Grand Princess, November 2008 - Eastern Caribbean - Eurodam
November 2009 - Eastern Caribbean - Eurodam (dove the Wall), August 2010 - Alaska - Golden Princess
January 2011 - Southern Caribbean - Westerdam, July 2011 - Eastern Caribbean - Caribbean Princess (Girls only!)
November 2011 - Western Caribbean - Crown Princess, November 2012 - Eastern Caribbean - Emerald Princess
March 2013 - Western Caribbean - Crown Princess, January 2014 -Western Caribbean - Carnival Dream

May 2014 - Western Caribbean - Carnival Legend, October 2014 - Western Caribbean - Caribbean Princess
July 2015 - British Isles - Royal Princess, November 2016 - Western Caribbean - Caribbean Princess
November 2017 - Panama Canal - Caribbean Princess, January 2018 - Western Caribbean - Crown Princess

April 2018 - Eastern Caribbean - Caribbean Princess, November 2018 - Romantic Danube - Viking Tor