Xploration -- SCUBA or snorkel?

TallFellow

Hey all,

Friends and I are traveling the XPloration this coming December for a 7 night galapagos trip. The details are sketchy re available equipment on board the ship.

Would a prior passenger know if their diving gear is snorkel only; or if they include scuba equipment as well?

Thanks,

ian

• 5 months later...
On 8/23/2018 at 10:27 PM, rakes5 said:

If it's like the Xpedition, then snorkel is provided, but scuba was available at an additional cost.

Do you have any details on scuba? We are booked on Xpedition in 2020 with another couple, one of whom wants to dive (and is certified). When I booked with the Future Cruise person while on Edge recently (who had been on a Galapagos cruise on the ship), she said that scuba was only available on the last day, would have to be arranged on our own and it would conflict with the giant turtles excursion. I found an old Galapagos Xpedition Guide from 2005 and it showed scuba as an option for one of the days. Of course I have no idea if that is still the case. 

If anyone has a more recent Galapagos Xpedition Guide, I would love to see it!

PS I know this is an old thread but I didn't see a reason to create a new one given that it was the same topic.

Edited by MisterBill99