Crowne Plaza shuttle service

HMSDingy

Just so you know the shuttle is FCFS and the lines are very very very long for the tiny hotel shuttle.

We gave up and grabbed a cab! Don't remember the cost but it wasn't much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I checked the fare for a cab ride from the Crowne with taxifarefinder.com to the cruise port and its $7.25 tip included. Better than to be crowded into a shuttle bus.

Edited by HMSDingy

Yep after seeing all the people crammed in the lobby... We decided to skip that, I think we may have paid more than your quote. I asked my DH and he said $10 - $12 bucks. Still worth it in my opinion as we were already on the ship when I saw some of those poor people finally coming on board.

My time is worth a lot more than $12!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I checked the fare for a cab ride from the Crowne with taxifarefinder.com to the cruise port and its $7.25 tip included. Better than to be crowded into a shuttle bus.

Good information, even if it's a bit more in price. I am a bit annoyed since I booked with the offer of "free shuttle service" but obviously not a deal breaker.

Good information, even if it's a bit more in price. I am a bit annoyed since I booked with the offer of "free shuttle service" but obviously not a deal breaker.

We booked because of the great reviews and the free shuttle was an extra. But after reading a post where they were charged, I e-mailed the hotel directly and was told of the fee.

I think the words "Free Shuttle to pier" resounds with so many cruisers that it was a nice selling point...So, though it's no big deal, it may hurt a bit that they're charging...

OTOH, we just got off the Crown Princess yesterday...

Since the ship was delayed quite a bit at embarkation...and we arrived at 11:30 am, we had lots of time to kill anyway...

So, we took the trolley from the terminal to Ports O' Call, then walked from there, all the way up PAST the Crowne Plaza to San Pedro Brewing Company for lunch, then beyond that to Off the Vines Wine....

We walked all the way back to the ship from there...and it occurred to me that...with luggage on wheels, it wouldn't really be all that hard to WALK from the Crowne Plaza to the pier...a couple of short blocks down 6th Street to Harbor, turn left and walk along the waterfront...all flat and easy...OR you could just walk down to the Trolley station at 6th and Harbor and ride the trolley for $1 per person (of course, this past weekend, it was free!)...

The distance between the Crown Plaza is not very far...From the CP to the USS Iowa, it's only about a quarter of a mile...and another half a mile along the cruise terminals and parking lot to Berth 93...So, about 3/4 of a mile total...If you are docked at Berth 92, maybe half a mile...

I think the words "Free Shuttle to pier" resounds with so many cruisers that it was a nice selling point...So, though it's no big deal, it may hurt a bit that they're charging...

OTOH, we just got off the Crown Princess yesterday...

Since the ship was delayed quite a bit at embarkation...and we arrived at 11:30 am, we had lots of time to kill anyway...

So, we took the trolley from the terminal to Ports O' Call, then walked from there, all the way up PAST the Crowne Plaza to San Pedro Brewing Company for lunch, then beyond that to Off the Vines Wine....

We walked all the way back to the ship from there...and it occurred to me that...with luggage on wheels, it wouldn't really be all that hard to WALK from the Crowne Plaza to the pier...a couple of short blocks down 6th Street to Harbor, turn left and walk along the waterfront...all flat and easy...OR you could just walk down to the Trolley station at 6th and Harbor and ride the trolley for $1 per person (of course, this past weekend, it was free!)...

The distance between the Crown Plaza is not very far...From the CP to the USS Iowa, it's only about a quarter of a mile...and another half a mile along the cruise terminals and parking lot to Berth 93...So, about 3/4 of a mile total...If you are docked at Berth 92, maybe half a mile...

Good advice & maybe if the weather is good, we can hoof it from the Crowne to the cruise terminal.

Good advice & maybe if the weather is good, we can hoof it from the Crowne to the cruise terminal.

Yes, you could hike down to the pier from the Crown Plaza hotel. However, towing two or more suitcases with bags hung on your shoulder may not be the fun adventure you want to start your cruise with.

We have stayed at the Crown 5 times. The last time was Sept 2014 when we caught the Golden Princess.

We never rode a packed shuttle going or coming. Normally its about 10:00 AM or so when we finish breakfast. So, we tell the Desk Clerk we are ready to go. A Shuttle is driven to the front door and we board with 4 or 5 others.

When we return there will be a shuttle parked out front of the terminal to take us back so we can pick up our vehicle, we always stay with their Park and Sail program.

One thing I always noticed is how many people who ride the shuttle would not tip the driver. That may be the reason for the new $5.00 fee.

Our next Cruise will be the first time out of San Pedro that we are flying down the same day and using Princess Transfer to the ship.

I may be at your Roll Call get together if the Boss does not have me tied up with something.

Bob

Edited by 4x4bob