Easter on the Nieuw Amsterdam in Central America

Imagineer

On our Panama Canal cruise leaving April 9th from FLL, we will be traveling through the canal on Good Friday and stopping in Costa Rica on Easter Sunday. Just wondering if there are any events taking place for Easter on board the ship or at the port stop that we can find out about.

Thanks and cheers,

Imagineer

Each ship, captain, hotel director, etc. do their own thing.

We were on the Westerdam in 2013 over Easter and there was a church service, the Lido had Easter decorations and there were some special chocolates in our cabin and there was ham, etc for dinner. Fast Forward to the Westerdam in 2016 -- only the church service. No decorations anywhere and no ham or special Easter foods.

I have sailed on Easter Sunday many times with HAL. Usually there are decorations and such. There have always been services offered also.

I don't recall any special dinner but then sometimes the cruises do tend to blend into one another a bit. :D

I will be on this cruise with you. I don't recall seeing you on the roll call. Our meet and greet is on the port side of the Crows Nest on 4-11 at 10:30am please feel free to join us.