Verandah or Outside suite?

weluvcruisin'

If you can swing it definitely do the Verrandah. In most cases doing the Panama Canal is a Special cruise and for some Once In a Life Time. If you can I would do it but if not I am sure you will more than enjoy and there are so many great places other than your verrandah to view the locks. I am hoping to some day do this cruise.

If your even thinking about it try the verandah. We have always taken outside cabins but on the coming cruise we're treating ourselves and trying a verandah for the first time. Both of us know we're going to be spoiled and want one for any future cruises.

We have always booked cat. C on the lower prom. deck. Our last cruise on the Volendam we booked a verandah to see if it was worth the extra, as we are planning on the Canal trip in October. We're so glad we did- there's nothing like it unless you can afford a suite. We'll probably never go back to an outside- we were really spoiled.

Verandah! Verandah! Verandah! It is the best! So nice to be able to go outside, no matter what the weather. We watched the dolphins one morning follow us into Cabo and saw the most magnificant sunrise another morning. Things we would not have seen if not for the verandah. Go for it!

Hi, I was on a Panama cruise last year and it was fantastic. We were on a P&O ship, the Oriana. I can recommend a balcony for the canal. If your cruise is doing a full transit of the canal, it takes a long time and it's nice to be able to sit and enjoy the view in your own private space. Quite a few people on our cruise pulled up chairs to the best spots on the deck and it never moved all day. We went up on deck a few times and enjoyed watching in comfort from an unobstructed view. There are things to see on both sides, we were going from the Carribean down to South America and felt that port was the best side to view things, but both sides have interesting views.

HTH Soraya

I would definitely recommend a verandah. We have had a verandah for the past two cruises and once having had one, it is hard to return to an outside cabin, which is what we are doing in July as the weather will be colder.

It is lovely to be able to open the door and go outside whenever you want, to have drinks and nibbles on the verandah and to be able to sit there and read. Also you have the view at all times. We particularly loved the verandah last October when we were coming into Venice at 6am, I just put on my bathrobe and went outside and took some wonderful photos, just so easy.

Jennie

VERANDAH! Once we did a verandah in Alsaka, we will NEVER go back to an outside. THe only thing my husband says me misses is being closer to the water. He liked seeing the water right outside of our window. But all it takes is a reminder of how great cocktails before dinner and room service breakfast on the balcony were and he agrees. The only thing left for me to try is the suite. I am afraid once I do that I will be spolied forever.

Looks like it's unanomous! VERANDAH!! One word of caution....once you go Verandah, there's no going back. There is nothing like room service and breakfast on your Verandah as you wait for the disenbarking process to start when tendering ashore or just lazy mornings at sea! My wife and I can't wait until Nov for our next....Volendam Southern Caribbean (Thanksgiving in HM) Cruise!!! :D

Our very first cruise to Alaska was booked as an outside. I was so excited about having a window in our room! But I guess HAL wanted our cabin very badly, so they offered us a verandah cabin and 50% off our tickets if we moved to a later sailing. We did, even though most of our rebate was spent on rescheduling our flights. The experience was absolutely blissful!!!! And no, I can never go back. If I went on a ship now where I was booked in a non-verandah cabin, I would be so consumed with jealousy of the "verandah people" I would not be responsible for my actions! ;-)

But seriously, we have now booked our second cruise on HAL, to Mexico, in December. And yes, a verandah cabin. So don't worry, "verandah people", there will be no need to look over your shoulder this year ;-}

Archived