CCCL Stock slump

kangforpres

Hi-

Although this is not a HAL specific topic I've seen several stories lately in the business/financial press indicating CCCL stock and it's competitors have been sliding and demand for the Fall/Winter is expected to be soft.

So I'm wondering if we can expect big discounts moving forward and further cutbacks with on board service? In general the economy is pretty strong right now and I think the travel industry is doing very well, especially airline profits.

Maybe the cruise market has finally made it to a saturation point and the demand is at it's max? How many 6000 pax ships can the industry support?

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/stocks/carnival-stock-sinks-as-morgan-stanley-sees-year-end-slowdown-for-cruise-sector-14610878

Hi-

Although this is not a HAL specific topic I've seen several stories lately in the business/financial press indicating CCCL stock and it's competitors have been sliding and demand for the Fall/Winter is expected to be soft.

So I'm wondering if we can expect big discounts moving forward and further cutbacks with on board service? In general the economy is pretty strong right now and I think the travel industry is doing very well, especially airline profits.

Maybe the cruise market has finally made it to a saturation point and the demand is at it's max? How many 6000 pax ships can the industry support?

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/stocks/carnival-stock-sinks-as-morgan-stanley-sees-year-end-slowdown-for-cruise-sector-14610878

Obviously, no one can predict the future of any stock. My thoughts (for what they are worth) at $57 the stock pays a $2.00 dividend, which is 3.5% - not bad and has been increasing (it has doubled since 2014)! This helps to limit the downside in stock price IMO.

As to the industry, I like the demographics of it - the retired community is increasing daily and is already at record levels, many of these retirees will turn to cruising for their vacations, plus they now have the time to do longer cruises. In addition, these retirees have more disposable income than past retirees.

A current negative issue is the price of oil, which has recently jumped. Living in the oil patch, we certainly like this, but the local feeling is that oil prices will not stay high long term, as there are too many factors that could push it downward (increased fracking, new technologies, electric cars, OPEC issues, etc.). So, I do not see oil being a longer term negative.

In disclosure, I recently purchased a fair amount of CCL stock, after watching it more than double since my last purchase in 2012.

For what its worth..........

I have heard nothing but positive about the 'growing cruise industry'...

New lines...

New ships...

Expanding itineraries...

Record numbers of cruise passengers...

This 'slump' really means nothing, other than the stock markets at play.

We have a CCL (Princess) cruise booked for later this year.

The prices are NOT cheap.

We have been considering adding an inside cabin close to our balcony. The price on what should be a 'cheap inside' just went UP.

Obviously, no one can predict the future of any stock. My thoughts (for what they are worth) at $57 the stock pays a $2.00 dividend, which is 3.5% - not bad and has been increasing (it has doubled since 2014)! This helps to limit the downside in stock price IMO.

As to the industry, I like the demographics of it - the retired community is increasing daily and is already at record levels, many of these retirees will turn to cruising for their vacations, plus they now have the time to do longer cruises. In addition, these retirees have more disposable income than past retirees.

A current negative issue is the price of oil, which has recently jumped. Living in the oil patch, we certainly like this, but the local feeling is that oil prices will not stay high long term, as there are too many factors that could push it downward (increased fracking, new technologies, electric cars, OPEC issues, etc.). So, I do not see oil being a longer term negative.

In disclosure, I recently purchased a fair amount of CCL stock, after watching it more than double since my last purchase in 2012.

For what its worth..........

CCL has shown positive growth but hasn’t doubled in 4 years, $38 in 7/14?

It’s in my portfolio only for the SB credits.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCL has shown positive growth but hasn’t doubled in 4 years, $38 in 7/14?

It’s in my portfolio only for the SB credits.

The dividends (which I were referring to) are currently 50 cents per quarter. According to the NASDAG website the dividends declared in 2014 were as follows:

0.25 10/14/2014

0.25 7/16/2014

0.25 4/22/2014

0.25 1/16/2014

As to stock price, it was $30 in Feb, 2012, the date of my stock purchase.

The dividends are currently 50 cents per quarter. According to the NASDAG website the dividends declared in 2014 were as follows:

0.25 10/14/2014

0.25 7/16/2014

0.25 4/22/2014

0.25 1/16/2014

Sorry thought you meant stock price but I agree the dividend has doubled, we bought at $40 and 25 cent dividend. With all the increases in shares + dividend increases and then add on the SBC for 15+ cruises I’m happy with the investment.

The dividends (which I were referring to) are currently 50 cents per quarter. According to the NASDAG website the dividends declared in 2014 were as follows:

0.25 10/14/2014

0.25 7/16/2014

0.25 4/22/2014

0.25 1/16/2014

As to stock price, it was $30 in Feb, 2012, the date of my stock purchase.

You must have bought when the Costa Concordia went down in Italy and the stock tanked to below $30, great buy at the time.