Horizon vs Magic

luvcarnival

I'm planning a graduation cruise for next June. I originally was going to do the 8 day Southern on Horizon. Now I see that the Magic does an 8 day also and costs less. Just wondering if the Horizon is worth $1000 or more extra for the new ship experience. It seems like Magic has some of the same extras as Horizon. I'm looking at a suite so we can do 1 cabin for the 4 of us. Thoughts?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Forums mobile app

For a $1000 difference, I would stick with the Magic. I don't pay a premium for the new ship. We aren't sailing for the bells and whistles but rather to be on the ship. The Magic has good food options and is a fun, newer ship.

We tend to prefer smaller ships, so the bigger Horizon doesn't really hold appeal. Magic was bigger even than we like.

I'm planning a graduation cruise for next June. I originally was going to do the 8 day Southern on Horizon. Now I see that the Magic does an 8 day also and costs less. Just wondering if the Horizon is worth $1000 or more extra for the new ship experience. It seems like Magic has some of the same extras as Horizon. I'm looking at a suite so we can do 1 cabin for the 4 of us. Thoughts?

Though I haven't been on the Magic yet (March 2019!!) for a savings of $1000, I would stick with the Magic! That's a lot of money to go towards other fun things.

I've been on both and I loved both, though admittedly the Horizon is my favorite. However, not worth $1,000 more for the same exact itinerary (if that's the case). Unless the itineraries are different and the Horizon has a better one, I would go with the Magic.

Horizon is new so they will inflate the prices , we prefer the dream class of ship anyway. It definitely not worth the extra $$$.