Vibe hot tub question etc!

etravel

Going to be on the Western Carib. on the Escape and trying to decide about Vibe passes or not...have read a lot of positive reviews here! Question is there only a hot tub in that area and misters? No pool correct? And private bar which I am assuming would work with the UBP? If we are traveling with our kids who are in their early 20's not so sure if it might be too quiet of an area and if they might like the activity pools although I know many say they are crowded! I understand it's personal preference but just wanted to get some feedback! Thanks in advance... :)

Vibe on Breakaway has 2 hot tubs, a private bar (and yes, UBP works) and a shower. no pool or water feature.

we loved the Vibe. there is a regularly assigned bartender, he knew all our drinks, and filled everyone up all the time. at that time, they were still printing out slips to sign even with the UBP. becuase we were in the Vibe, he would just run one big slip at the end of the day for us. not a concern now, but it shows the awesome service we got from him. His name was Sean. ill remember him if i ever see him on board again. he was headed to Getaway to train new staff after our sailing.

Yes, there is a single, large, cantilevered hot tub and a misting station. There are umbrellas for shade, which often have to be put away due to wind. There is also some shade near the bar.

On our cruise, it was more of a party area. We made great friends, and had a wonderful time. I still miss the group shots, when everyone in the area would crowd around the bar together. So much fun!! Anyone looking for a quiet respite would have likely been disappointment. This, obviously, will vary greatly cruise to cruise.

The best part is that the service was truly impeccable. They will know your name from your first visit, know what you like to drink, etc. Yes, of course UBP is accepted. It is definitely a spacious getaway from the massive crowds on the regular pool deck.

We were kicked out of the hot tub around 10:30ish one evening. I know that can vary a bit, depending on when they get there to clean it. I'm pretty sure the bar closes at 7pm, but someone who has sailed more recently might know better. I think the bar officially opens at 10, but when I'd get there around 8:30 or 9, they'd be setting up and would be quick to hand me a screwdriver, Bloody Mary, or something else breakfasty.

(I just realized I said "been disappointment" in my previous post instead of "disappointed". Good grief.)

Edited by LrgPizza