Prinsendam info. for cruises after July 2019

ptiprof

We are booked on a 28 day Prinsendam cruise In October, 2019. I know about the Prinsendam sale through Cruise Critic (thank goodness for you folks!), but neither me nor my T.A. has heard a word. My booking is still on the website, although you can no longer book this cruise. Has anyone heard about the fate of their post-October Prinsendam cruise? If Holland is going to change to a larger ship (which would probably not be able to dock in downtown Bordeaux or Rouen, among others), and/or change the itinerary, I want to cancel.

My question concerns the $875 per person ($1750 for both!) that our contract stated is "forfeited" as a "cancellation fee." Can I assume that that in this circumstance, they won't asses this fee, and I will receive my entire deposit back? Does anyone have any experience with something like this and if so, do you know how long it takes for Holland to process a refund of the deposit? We want to book another cruise on another line. Many thanks for your collective experience and wisdom.

Your agent needs to reach out to HAL and see if they can be connected to the re-deployment team. With THOUSANDS of affected bookings it may be that they are working on the earlier sailings first, before the later dates. Rotterdam, Veendam, Volendam and Zuiderdam apparently are all having itineraries/deployments changed and the new sailings have yet to be posted to the website or be available to "new" customers. The re-deployment team has all that info and is working to move passengers affected by Prinsendams sale before the itineraries are made available to the general public. They also have to re-accommodate those affected by the itinerary changes of the other ships. It is a manual process handled by a relatively small team, and is VERY time consuming ......

Rotterdam has relieved P'dam on this trip . No Antrerp or Rouen[ but iten is same after that . i too question if Rotterdam can go up the Estuary to Bordeaux or must dock at mouth of Estuary { Le Verdon [[[ sic ???]]] ] . i had an email from Hal a week ago [ I have no agent ] so suggest your agent get busy !!!!!!!!!!

We are booked on the 30 night Amazon Explorer r/t Ft. Lauderdale Nov. 20, 2019. July 2 I received an email from my big box ta from HAL explaining the situation. On our cruise the Prinsendam is replaced by the Volendam, and unfortunately the itinerary was changed and Cuba was dropped. A schedule of shipboard credit was offered if you kept the booking and the price went down slightly. You would be refunded in full if you chose to cancel. Rebooking had to be done by August 3. After a lot of discussion we decided to keep our booking. You should have received some notice by now as the ta has to contact a special department at HAL. It took 1 1/2 hours on the phone to get things straightened out.

Karen