Train from Paris to Barcelona

amyh13

I am trying to work on my budget for my cruise next year. We would like to fly into Paris and spend a few days there before heading to Barcelona. Can anyone give me a good number for the cost of a 2nd class train ticket? There are 4 of us. Me, DH, DS13, DD 9. Thanks!

I am trying to work on my budget for my cruise next year. We would like to fly into Paris and spend a few days there before heading to Barcelona. Can anyone give me a good number for the cost of a 2nd class train ticket? There are 4 of us. Me, DH, DS13, DD 9. Thanks!

It is often cheaper to fly than to travel cross border by rail. I picked a random date of 21st March next year and Vueling have flights from 44.99 Euro (52.14 US$) from Paris Charles de Gaulle to Barcelona whilst Easyjet are even cheaper at 38.82 Euro (44.99 US$) - even high season prices can be cheap if you book early.

Edited by campolady

Have a look at the website http://www.seat61.com. This site tells you all you could ever want to know about rail travel. Then follow a link to do a dummy booking for an available date to find the price of a ticket. We went on this route when they ran a sleeper service, but that has been discontinued now they have the high speed trains.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Keep checking on https://www.oui.sncf/billet-train and buy the first day they come out. Right now select days are as low as 39€. Train is high speed, takes 6.5 hrs and seats are comfortable.

I wouldn't fly this route as it doesn't really save much time and may cost more if you add time and cost of getting to and from airports, paying luggage fees.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Have a look at the website www.seat61.com. This site tells you all you could ever want to know about rail travel. Then follow a link to do a dummy booking for an available date to find the price of a ticket. We went on this route when they ran a sleeper service, but that has been discontinued now they have the high speed trains.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all of the responses! I realize the time to fly or take the train is about the same but I want my kids to ride the train for the experience. I went to seat61 but it said it was too early. I tried doing some mock bookings but it kept saying nothing was available or it was $700.

There no fixed price depends how early you buy. If you follow advice in previous costs minimum price is 39€ pp and up from there if ticket is purchased later. Price can be as high as 159€ pp. Link that I provided (sncf) is the source, cheapest as I know and safe. Bought there numerous times no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk