Half Moon Cay cabans sold out, is there a waiting list in case one gets canceled?

LongHill44

We actually had FTTF on one sailing and boarded ship really early and went straight to guest service desk. I didn’t think they would have any but she said they did and we also got like 2nd pick of cabanas which everybody be has to wait and do while onboard. It was a great day and felt lucky [emoji256].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Send an email to Shoreexcursions@carnival.com (or it might be shoreexcursion@carnival.com) and give your sailing info and ask to be put on the cabana wait list. The times we've booked within a month or two of sailing, the cabanas were all of course sold out. 1st time I sent the email and visited shore excursions desk as soon as we boarded. The crew member manning the desk at first thought I was asking to be put on a waiting list as of right then (watched her write my name at the end of 3-4 other names) and told me that my chances were very slim. I produced the email I'd printed out and she changed my position on the waiting list to #2 because the #1 guy had emailed the day before I did. We found out by the next day that we'd gotten a cabana.

2nd time I emailed and was ready to have to prove my spot with the printout but the crew member manning the desk this time was the manager. She told me she was well aware of my request as I was the only one who'd thought to email. I think I still had to wait until either that evening or the next day to get the notice officially about clearing the wait list.

Anyone know if there is a way to request to be put on a waiting list for a cabana?

Keep checking excursions every day...a couple of times a day if you can. We cruised last month and when we booked the cabanas were sold out. I kept checking and one day there was one available. The last few months before my cruise I think a cabana came up available again about 4 times.

• 1 month later...
We actually had FTTF on one sailing and boarded ship really early and went straight to guest service desk. I didn’t think they would have any but she said they did and we also got like 2nd pick of cabanas which everybody be has to wait and do while onboard. It was a great day and felt lucky [emoji256].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which cabanas are the best to reserve? We have two kiddos ages 11 and 9. We don’t mind to be near action but not so close that people encroach on our space. Don’t want #15, but #1 doesn’t sound great either.

Which cabanas are the best to reserve? We have two kiddos ages 11 and 9. We don’t mind to be near action but not so close that people encroach on our space. Don’t want #15, but #1 doesn’t sound great either.

I responded to your other thread.

We had cabana #10 last time and it was great! Halfway down the beach so you don't have huge crowds, but you're right next to the bathrooms, too.