Bliss - Seattle Disembarkation Time/Process

Hello!

Trying to help a friend figure out her plans for disembarking the Bliss in Seattle on July 14th. I've read every review/live from I could find, but couldn't find the answers to a couple of questions:

I've read they ask you to be out of your stateroom by 8:30am (correct?) What time will they "invite you to leave the ship" if you are not using the Port Valet service/ don't have a flight to catch? Are any of the lounges open while you wait to disembark?

Has anyone used the Quick Shuttle from Pier 66 to Vancouver? Is it easy to find the pick up place for the bus? Were there seats/benches available while waiting for the bus to show up? When the bus left for Vancouver, was it a full bus? Or did the bus make stops along the way?

(Sorry for all the questions - I recently used the Quick Shuttle from Pier 91 where it was very easy to find the bus, there were limited seats/benches available while we waited for the bus to show up and when 2 buses arrived, one left full for Vancouver without making any stops (an advantage as we didn't have to pull our suitcases out from under the bus while we went through customs - if the bus makes any stops, this likely will not be the case).

Thanks in advance!

That’s a lot of questions. I can’t help with the shuttle service as I didn’t use it.

They are pushing the Port Valet service for those who are departing SEATAC that day and for good reason. There is tons of construction going on and traffic can be nightmarish. As has been said in previous posts, embarkation means bag tagging ahead of time or going to table, tagging and returning to drop off then turning around and walking towards Anthony’s restaurant where embarkation is.

With everyone so excited about seeing the Bliss, people are arriving earlier and earlier making it a nightmare for people trying to find their black car. I don’t recall benches but I could be wrong.

Yes, they want you out of your stateroom by 830 so those arriving can get into their staterooms 😉. Full instructions will be given as to where you can wait. The ship is usually emptied by 10 permitting a crew turnaround time of 1:15.

I would strongly encourage your friend to read her materials distributed and make sure she knows her way around decks 6-8.

One of the greatest additions is Starbucks in the atrium. You can use your mobile app, load money from your OBC, and collect points. However, you cannot redeem points.

Like other B+ ships, there are only two banks of elevators one mid/fwd, the other aft.

Hope this helps a bit 😀

Thank you for confirming the time they need to vacate the stateroom.

If anyone has used a bus service for transport up to Vancouver, or had someone pick you up at the Pier, I'd love to hear your experiences. Everything I've read from the Bliss have been from those who were headed to the airport.

Hello!

Trying to help a friend figure out her plans for disembarking the Bliss in Seattle on July 14th. I've read every review/live from I could find, but couldn't find the answers to a couple of questions:

I've read they ask you to be out of your stateroom by 8:30am (correct?) What time will they "invite you to leave the ship" if you are not using the Port Valet service/ don't have a flight to catch? Are any of the lounges open while you wait to disembark?

Thanks in advance!

All ashore is 10:00 (or earlier if asked). The next passengers board at 11:00.

Public areas are open

Restaurants are open until 9:00 (see link below)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56255353&postcount=352

<snip>one left full for Vancouver without making any stops (an advantage as we didn't have to pull our suitcases out from under the bus while we went through customs - if the bus makes any stops, this likely will not be the case).

Sorry, never taken Qs from the pier but I can confirm on this point that you simply got lucky - there is absolutely no rule about bags not coming off on a direct service. Every bag still could have had stuff bought on the ship, in any port of call, in Seattle after disembarking the ship but before boarding the bus - and all of these are potentially of interest to CBSA when entering Canada. Only a 'sealed bus' transfer would be exempt from the normal luggage screening all the time - and those are not available on QS or any other private scheduled bus, but strictly prearranged through the cruselines.

Border agents have discretion, especially when it's busy - they can not only waive the luggage schlepping but anything up to and including even unloading pax. We've been on buses where CBSA have boarded, asked everyone to hold up their passports, and then if all are US/Canadian citizens literally opened one of the gates specially for the bus to drive right through (we had two South Africans so had to keep waiting another two hours...). Direct bus or the usual QS sevety-five thousand stops makes no difference to whether your bags need schlepped - always assume you will need to do it all by yourself, and be thankful if you get any change to the normal process!!!