"Master Account Login" For All CCL Cruise Lines?

MauiWowie57

I just read in some cruise-news feed that the Crown & Anchor folks are going to get one master profile for Royal C. & Celebrity lines. Essentially, the lines will share profile information, and I'm presuming, iteniaries. I'd mentioned to Carnival executives once that I thought it would make good marketing sense to let folks meander throughout the brands, in the same sense that car buyers used to upsell themselves from Chevy to Cadillac.

Has anyone heard about CCL doing anything like this?

I think this WOULD be quite convenient!

I'll do Carnival, Holland, or Princess depending on the iteniary and incentives. HAL was nice enough to award me one star for my first cruise based on Platinum with Carnival; however, Princess didn't offer any incentives. Nonetheless, it would be nice if they maintained their unique characteristics, yet simplified moving information between them.

Carnival Corp owns 9 cruise lines, doubtful you would ever see them attempt to have a single sign in. If that one sites goes down you are crippling the entire corporation’s digital footprint.

The Royal attempt is currently a huge mess!

I just read in some cruise-news feed that the Crown & Anchor folks are going to get one master profile for Royal C. & Celebrity lines. Essentially, the lines will share profile information, and I'm presuming, iteniaries. I'd mentioned to Carnival executives once that I thought it would make good marketing sense to let folks meander throughout the brands, in the same sense that car buyers used to upsell themselves from Chevy to Cadillac.

Has anyone heard about CCL doing anything like this?

So far this has been an EPIC fail on C&A. Hopefully, if Carnival does decide to do this, they will wait until someone else works out all the kinks and roll it out without erasing everyone's past cruise, pre-purchase, family member, etc. data. Granted, its only a couple of days old, and Royal is infamous for its terrible IT, but in all honesty I hope it gets worked out and more companies adopt it because it seems like a good idea.

Maybe I'm old fashioned and don't really mind using 10 or 15 seconds :eek: clicking on a link for another cruise line. I didn't grow up with expectations of instantaneous results (although in my teaching days I was one of the first teachers in my area to introduce students to those new "things" aka computers and the budding internet and remained totally digitally literate for the next 20 years)

If I'm interested in checking out another cruise line I'll take the few seconds to click it :D