Just off the Breeze

Smokeybooks

Do all R 18+ comedy shows use the F word every 10 seconds? The cruise we were on, both comedians used dropped the F bomb constantly. I don't mind it occasionally, even though I don't care for that word, but I think you can be funny without using the F word 3 or 4 times a minute.

Go to the PG shows if you are sensitive about comedians using curse words.

Do all R 18+ comedy shows use the F word every 10 seconds? The cruise we were on, both comedians used dropped the F bomb constantly. I don't mind it occasionally, even though I don't care for that word, but I think you can be funny without using the F word 3 or 4 times a minute.

I don't know about "all" but the one we saw definitely did. The content also struck me as bizarre in this day and age - a "cougary" woman making extremely lewd suggestions to the younger men in the audience. Maybe I've got no sense of humor, but some of it was truly shocking and I wonder how many people would have been laughing if a guy had been asking young women to S his D? :rolleyes:

Go to the PG shows if you are sensitive about comedians using curse words.

The problem with that is that many B and C list stand-ups (like the ones in this type of venue) use provocative topics and language as their stock-in-trade. They don't have that much good quality PG material. This is the 2nd cruise where I've noticed the same thing - the family shows just really aren't that funny.

We stopped going to the "R" rated shows several years ago just because the only thing the "comedian" did to be funny was use foul/nasty/whatever you want to call it every 3-4 words. It did not make the joke funny, it was just sad. I work where that sort of language is normal and don't care... but when you use a word just because said word is supposed to "shock" the shock wears off quickly and you are left with a joke that's not funny...

Rather watch the ocean go by...

• 1 month later...