Name change

abby1257

I have tried to get the answer....on hold with Carnival for ever....PVP will NOT commit to answering....(ridiculous)...could someone who has done this answer this question for me. If we want to change one of the passengers booked in our room and we book "PAST GUEST"...NOT EARLY SAVER....is all monies fully refundable up to FINAL PAYMENT DATE...and then it goes downhill from there.....by percentages? thanks

For bookings that do not include airfare booked through Carnival, and not booked under a restricted/non-refundable fare*, there is no charge for a name change.

*Restricted and Non-Refundable fares include the following but not limited to these promotions: Early Saver, Pack & Go, Super Saver, etc.

I am currently booked as a solo on a past guest rate w/ a promotion through my TA. I have verified through Carnival and my TA that if I add someone (same as a name change) there is no fee to add/change a name.

Edited by JennyB1977

Thank you for your reply...but what happens after final payment date when they have all your money and the person has to cancel....Also is this refund for name change also based on the fact that she must have bought the insurance...

Thank you for your reply...but what happens after final payment date when they have all your money and the person has to cancel....Also is this refund for name change also based on the fact that she must have bought the insurance...

Cancelling and changing a name are two different things. I was answering only as to changing the name of a passenger. For example, you have John Smith, Jane Doe, Steve Doe and Mary Smith in a cabin on a past guest rate, no airfare. You could change Jane Doe to Sally Jones.

Are they cancelling after final payment or changing the passenger?

If Jane Doe has paid for her cruise in full...and then....a week before the cruise she cannot go, can we change names and the money already paid for ....will pay for the new person going? Hope I am making sense....

Abby it may help if you explain:

1) what fare you purchased

2) how many people are in the cabin

3) what is your final payment date

4) when is your sailing

5) what seems to be the issue? I can't tell is someone is planning to back out after final payment OR you are replacing person X with person Y after final payment.

There will be 3 people in the cabin....I heard you cannot do a name change (many times on this site) with early saver...so I will be booking past guest.....Final payment will prob be in Feb. for a May cruise we are thinking of. Problem is this....this person's health is not that good....so if she can't go...we have another family member that will go in her place....if she decides that she isn't well enough and she has PAID IN FULL...she wants to know if the other person can go in her place and use her money she paid... cruise will be paid in full...we just want to change name....NOT CANCEL

• 4 weeks later...
There will be 3 people in the cabin....I heard you cannot do a name change (many times on this site) with early saver...so I will be booking past guest.....Final payment will prob be in Feb. for a May cruise we are thinking of. Problem is this....this person's health is not that good....so if she can't go...we have another family member that will go in her place....if she decides that she isn't well enough and she has PAID IN FULL...she wants to know if the other person can go in her place and use her money she paid... cruise will be paid in full...we just want to change name....NOT CANCEL

There may be penalties for a name change or there may not. And yes, I have done a name change with Early Saver and paid a fee. When you say 'I heard' my first thought is 'from whom'. Check the terms of YOUR booking.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3527/kw/name%20change

I have tried to get the answer....on hold with Carnival for ever....PVP will NOT commit to answering....(ridiculous)...could someone who has done this answer this question for me. If we want to change one of the passengers booked in our room and we book "PAST GUEST"...NOT EARLY SAVER....is all monies fully refundable up to FINAL PAYMENT DATE...and then it goes downhill from there.....by percentages? thanks

Yes it is.