Brilliance of the Seas NYE cruise Questions??

The family and I have never sailed on a Holiday Cruise and will be on the Brilliance 5 nighter December 29th celebrating New years Eve after leave Grand Cayman.

Couple questions.....

1. I assume Christmas decorations will still be up....someone had mentioned a large Christmas tree in the Centrum area??

2. What type of New years Eve countdown events might they have? Do they do anything else throughout the evening to work up to Midnight besides the normal evening show in the Theater?

3. With previous 5 Night cruises our second night which has been a Sea day were always the Formal Night. Do you think they would hold off one more Night for New Years? Doesn't matter too much as the Wife and I enjoy dressing up....

4. We will have our 11yr old triplets and were curious if the Kids Clubs would be doing anything special for the Holiday?

Thank you all in advance....131 days but who is counting.....

• 3 months later...

Also on the cruise.  The Royal app still seems to list 2nd night as formal and you reserve special dinners for NYE.  We won't be booking the special dinner as we are traveling with our married children and almost 6 yo granddaughter for our anniversary, too pricey! We have 2nd seating so I figure the evening will already be in party atmosphere.   Did note that even though a port day, it's an early departure.   Printed out our luggage tags and set sail passes, though I know our children haven't!   27 days to go!

We’ve been on 5 RCCL NYE cruises in the past 6 years.  Without exception, all had festivities all night. Such as, special menu in dining room , higher prices for speciality dining, champagne toast at midnight, several parties starting about 11 and continuing till early hours, party hats etc,  formal night regardless of when NYE falls ( last cruise had us boarding on dec 31 and first night was formal), reserved seating (fee based) in the centrum: promenade/ for NYE festivities, very festive atmosphere, special party with captain/officers in centrum/ promenade, Christmas decorations are still up. Generally college bowl games are shown on January 1. 

Don’t have any info on kids activities. 

Enjoy

21 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Also on the cruise.  The Royal app still seems to list 2nd night as formal and you reserve special dinners for NYE.  We won't be booking the special dinner as we are traveling with our married children and almost 6 yo granddaughter for our anniversary, too pricey! We have 2nd seating so I figure the evening will already be in party atmosphere.   Did note that even though a port day, it's an early departure.   Printed out our luggage tags and set sail passes, though I know our children haven't!   27 days to go!

Yes, we just did the same. very excited especially now we hit December!!!!