Embassy Suites SJ post hurricane???

sue.young

We have reservations here also May 3rd that we made a year ago and have been very concerned since we have heard of several instances of people having their reservations canceled up until April timeframe. I have been looking to switch hotels, but since we booked with points, the values have risen and this is not an option at this time. Right now hoping for the best and watching the points values daily. (The Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan is supposed to be a good option for a switch - getting good reviews and I have not heard of any cancellations lately)

I was supposed to have a reservation there last week. I called in early Jan, and they told me I might have a room, and I might not when I arrived. I sure did not want to deal with that when I arrived. They told me the whole hotel was booked for government contractors for that time period. So I cancelled. Didn't want to take a chance.

I don't think so - the Hilton Honors app shows it (and all the other Hilton properties on the contract) as being sold out for all dates in May. The specific hotel sites say not accepting reservations until after 7/1. Hope this helps.

Not sure what you are looking at. I was just on the website and several hotels are open...

I meant all the Hilton hotels that are on the contract. I know there are other Hilton hotels that are open but that one in particular shows as sold out as do the others. I was using the Hilton Honors app.

Can anyone tell me if Embassy Suites is back up and running after the hurricane? Not staying until May but want to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks

They do have a notice on their site that they will be renovating the common areas and expect closed off areas and construction noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called the hotel today lady I spoke with they are open. Never closed only damage was a power outage resolved with a back up generator.

My understanding is that they did in fact “close” to the public, because they were housing FEMA workers, and that is why so many people had their reservations cancelled.

Technically they were still open, but not really. So the person you spoke to wasn’t being completely transparent.

Sounds like they’re honoring some reservations finally, so hopefully the person with the May trip will be ok.

I had booked here over 6 months ago for my stay in March 2018. Confirmed in December 2017 all was still good & was reassured it was. Then with no notice my reservation got cancelled in January for my March stay. When I called Hilton customer service they had no idea why & told me to contact hotel directly. Called hotel and got lame response that all reservations had been cancelled as hotel closed for renovations. Then came to notice on my Hilton app 2 weeks later , that indeed hotel was open during my intended /original stay...but now they are charging double 😡

Needless to say after writing corporate, got my reservation back with original quote price.

Will be staying mid March ...

Im currently in Puerto Rico. A friend who works for an airline stayed at the Embassy Suites yesterday. The hotel is open although he reported that there are some post hurricane renovations going on (part of the lobby was covered in plastic tarps and there were orange cones blocking some areas). But he said that rooms were fine and that the construction seems to be limited to common areas.

Yes, there are still FEMA workers staying at many hotels all over Puerto Rico which is why room availability is limited and prices are unconventionally high. But overall, the recovery efforts seem to be going well. The positive changes are dramatic when compared to the devastation that I witnessed 3 weeks after the hurricane hit. Many areas are back to normal, and even new businesses have sprouted all over the island. The lush green vegetation is back as well. There’s still a lot of work to be done, but overall Puerto Rico is back in business.