Deck 9 Alaska on Summit/Infinity

Mancuso

We're big fans of the FV cabins on the Millennium class ships, but did notice some noise from the Waterfall Grill last month in cabin 9156 on Summit.

We're planning on sailing Alaska and would like to know what people who've sailed there think about the possibility that there will be less activity in the cafe on deck 10 because of the colder weather in Alaska?

thanks,

Here I go again....9151 was the cabin from HEdouble L!!!!! Galley was right above us and we got NO SLEEP!!!! Celeb did give us a small credit after 3 mos of calling and complaining.....as we did while onboard and I documented it all -- we are not hard to please and never do this!!!!! But.....this was ridiculous!!!! We had them on the phone at all hours of the night during this "onboard ordeal"!!!! THEY could hear it while were on the phone w/ them -- they even came to our cabin!!!!!! We LOVE deck 9 on the C-class ships....not on the M-class!!!!!!

We're big fans of the FV cabins on the Millennium class ships, but did notice some noise from the Waterfall Grill last month in cabin 9156 on Summit.

We're planning on sailing Alaska and would like to know what people who've sailed there think about the possibility that there will be less activity in the cafe on deck 10 because of the colder weather in Alaska?

thanks,

You don't say what month you're travelling, but certain evenings in July/August, it can be quite temperate up there (except around Hubbard!) for most of the trip. I warn people who go to bed early and are very light sleepers about the sounds of the clean-up / reorganization at night on 10 Aft. It really hasn't ever bothered me much (I've been in both FV and CC back there on 9), but if it's an issue, the same cabins are available on 8 (and 7) and you won't hear the chairs being shuffled around at all from there.

thanks,

I should add -- if it comes down to a choice between a Deck 9 FV and no FV at all, by all means, take the one on Deck 9! The huge corner verandas like you had before (if you've can still get one) offer nearly a 270 degree view, as you know. No big deal for Caribbean runs, but GREAT for Alaska! You won't be running around the ship for a decent view of Hubbard Glacier like a lot of other people!

We've been on deck 9 twice - once in the Caribbean and once in Alaska. Alaska was much noisier. The weather was gorgeous, and maybe because of the beautiful scenery, people were outside a lot. One of our cabins for the Alaska cruise was an FV cabin on deck 9, and we would not choose that again. Our CC cabin on the side of the ship, was quite a bit quieter. Our views from the aft FV were nice, but we still went up on deck for the really nice views, and unless you're entertaining many people, the large balcony really did nothing for us. When the ship stopped at Hubbard Glacier, it was pointed straight ahead to the glacier so the aft cabin didn't provide much of a view. And the heliport we went out on was not so crowded that we did not enjoy ourselves. Later, the ship does a few revolutions, at which time the aft balcony was nice, but that was just for a few minutes at a time, and by then there was plenty of space up on Decks 10 & 11 aft also.

• 13 years later...

this thread is old. but let me reiterate...having just come back from the Celebrity Summit cabin 9151 is not a good cabin. There is so much noise pollution. Not just from the upper deck buffet on 10. Almost sounded like a loose pipe clanging around. I got very little rest in this cabin. On the third day, we asked maintenance to service the room noise. Though it was improved, there was definitely too much racket. Change your room if possible.