Maasdam Sea Days with Teens

I'd love any suggestions of what your teens have kept busy doing on sea days on the Maasdam. I understand there is a movie shown, and sometimes there is bingo that your kids can play with you, but besides that and the kids' clubs, I was curious what their choices are. I understand there is no arcade, and that is how my kids usually use up a chunk of the sea time.

Also, are the pools super-crowded on sea days? This is an August cruise, so there will probably be more kids than usual for a HAL cruise.

Also, does anyone know for sure if The Oasis is still there? On Google images I find pictures of palm trees, etc, and a very nice set-up, but I can't tell for sure if that's the Maasdam and I also don't know if the photos are old. Would love to hear from someone who has recently cruised on this ship. Thanks!

There are open deck sports areas and games. Some just free time and some are organized. Pickle ball, basketball ... and heaven forbid - shuffleboard, a large chess set, board games in the library if your ship still has one, large fitness room for workouts or fitness classes.

Pay them for how many laps they walk around the deck? Movies, DVD library ...see if you can interest them about trans-atlantic travel of yore - when people did grand voyages and had daily ship board routines -never to early to expose them the ritual tea time at 3 too. If they travel later in their life to any former British colony, they will run into the tea at three ritual - even on golf courses.

I always thought a ship is a great place for teen etiquette classes - future careers can still be made or broken over demonstration of good table manners.

Also, does anyone know for sure if The Oasis is still there? On Google images I find pictures of palm trees, etc, and a very nice set-up, but I can't tell for sure if that's the Maasdam and I also don't know if the photos are old. Would love to hear from someone who has recently cruised on this ship. Thanks!

The Oasis is no longer there on Maasdam, sorry.

I don't know about the crowded pool on sea days. Typically, no, the pools are not crowded, compared to other cruise lines. I guess it depends on the itinerary and time of year.

There are open deck sports areas and games. Some just free time and some are organized. Pickle ball, basketball ... and heaven forbid - shuffleboard, a large chess set, board games in the library if your ship still has one, large fitness room for workouts or fitness classes.

Pay them for how many laps they walk around the deck? Movies, DVD library ...see if you can interest them about trans-atlantic travel of yore - when people did grand voyages and had daily ship board routines -never to early to expose them the ritual tea time at 3 too. If they travel later in their life to any former British colony, they will run into the tea at three ritual - even on golf courses.

I always thought a ship is a great place for teen etiquette classes - future careers can still be made or broken over demonstration of good table manners.

All excellent suggestions!

We just got home from a Canada and New England cruise with our 11 and 16 year old. The 16 year old said it was one of her favourite cruises. Not much in the way of teen entertainment, but we went to tea, swam, played tennis and ping pong, played trivia, enjoyed the Crow's nest, read in a quiet place, enjoyed the shows etc. It was very subdued and relaxing. Our boys took in a movie - Black Panther. It was great. Wonderful time had by all.