Pride of America - Ocean View Cabins

Salem615

I see a lot of info on suites and balcony rooms but how are the Ocean View rooms?

We didn't want to spend a lot of extra money on a room as we are planning to be out and about and only using the cabin for sleeping and showering - but what can we expect from this type of room? What little I have seen are mixed reviews.

The one thing I didn't like was the way the bed was up against the window. Is there any chance to move it?

We had 3 OV on the POA then, on 2 decks, easy walk to the gangway. Room sized a little smaller than the Star, Dawn or Jewel/Gem but perfect for 2 or 3 as we're there mostly to sleep, shower & change as it is port intensive. We did our tours.

We asked our RS to turn the bed 90 degrees and it was done that evening while we went upstairs for dinner. Here's the picture.

We stayed in a 2 BR hotel-condo with 1,200 SF and a full balcony facing Waikiki beach, now that was luxury that we enjoyed posts cruise.2d2f43b8b506b7faea781c2982679966.jpg

Sent via dual sim KIW-L24 Honor 5X using Tapatalk

We had obstructed OV (OK) on POA, and loved the room OK 7602. Close to the elevators and the window ran from floor to ceiling in the centre. We saw about 50% of the sea.

That stretch of OK (and OA) cabins is above the Cadillac Diner that turned out to be a gold mine for breakfast!! We got up, dressed and nipped down one deck and had breakfast - you get to choose what ever you wanted and they come out fast - and delicious! Great omelets (I ordered one with everything!), toasts, and other things, and great coffee too!!

Then it was up one deck to get ourselves ready to get off the ship to explore the islands.

When we departed Kauai we fell asleep for a nap and when I woke up and saw the sight of Na'pali out of the window it was time for us to go up to top deck to sit out, drink and enjoy the views.