Cancelling & refund for a prebooked shore excursion policy?

WeRockChalkKU

What is the general refund policy if I prebook an excursion and then decide to cancel it before the actual cruise? I couldn’t find the policy in the description of the excursions. In the past, I seem to remember that on a previous cruise some excursions had a stricter cancellation timeframe than others but it was noted by each individual excursion. I would probably be cancelling weeks before (if I cancelled at all) and not just a few days before.

Unless it's something very involved like an overnight stay somewhere, if you cancel a tour before the cruise, you get a full refund. I think you have to do the cancellation more than 3 days before departure. If you cancel on board before the book/cancel deadline there is a charge. IIRC, it's 10%.

Unless it's something very involved like an overnight stay somewhere, if you cancel a tour before the cruise, you get a full refund. I think you have to do the cancellation more than 3 days before departure. If you cancel on board before the book/cancel deadline there is a charge. IIRC, it's 10%.

You do get the full refund cancelling more than 3 days before departure.

As far as on board, in 2016 part of our group was scheduled for a hiking tour in Bergen. Several days before we kept seeing that the forecast was rain. The day before we got into Bergen we went to the tour desk and asked if we could cancel the hiking tour and go with the rest of our group on a bus tour. We fully expected to be charged the full tour price plus the cost of the bus tour. To our surprise, we were switched to the bus tour without any additional cost. So, it probably depends on what you want to cancel and how generous they are feeling on board as to whether or not you get charged.

You do get the full refund cancelling more than 3 days before departure.

As far as on board, in 2016 part of our group was scheduled for a hiking tour in Bergen. Several days before we kept seeing that the forecast was rain. The day before we got into Bergen we went to the tour desk and asked if we could cancel the hiking tour and go with the rest of our group on a bus tour. We fully expected to be charged the full tour price plus the cost of the bus tour. To our surprise, we were switched to the bus tour without any additional cost. So, it probably depends on what you want to cancel and how generous they are feeling on board as to whether or not you get charged.

Yes, they do have some leeway. On our last cruise, I forgot to cancel a tour by the deadline. I saw that it was sold out and waitlisted, so I went to the excursion desk and turned in the tickets so that someone who wanted to go could get on the tour. I didn't expect to get a refund but I did, possibly because they were able to resell our tickets.

Sometimes they will work with you even when past the cancellation deadline. Last week on the Rotterdam I was not feeling well enough for my diving adventure and cancelled the day before. Working with the concierge in the Neptune lounge (not sure if that was special treatment) they said if they could re-sell my ticket I would get refunded. Happily they did.