Millennium Aft Cabins Help

JEDMELK

Hello To All,

We are really close to booking a trip on the Millennium for later this year. We have sailed on the Summit and Constellation (love these ships) in Concierge Class but have not had the opportunity of an aft cabin yet. It appears there are some available for the trip we are looking at. I have a few questions about these and hope that one or several of you that have been in these can answer.

• Is it noisy in the cabins on Sky Deck due to bar above? We have been in side CC cabins and not had any noise issues.

• Are these balconies at least partially covered? (need to have some shade and protection from any rain)

• Would we be better off in an aft cabin on Vista Deck instead?

Thanks in advance for your help with this major dilemma we have!

Look forward to your opinions

Jed & Melanie

Noisy: You will hear a little bit of chair moving around including early in the morning when breakfast starts and late when they are cleaning up. Also in the afternoon and evening you will hear any music out there when your veranda door is open or you're out on the deck. But the noise isn't too bad in my opinion. Doesn't bother most although some have found it disturbing. Although this will be noticeable, in my opinion it isn't bothersome enough that I'd pass on an aft cabin in these areas but I would prefer a similar cabin on deck 7 or 8 if they were available.

Balconies are definitely partially (in fact mostly) covered.

Vista deck: Yes - see first answer above.

Is it noisy in the cabins on Sky Deck due to bar above? We have been in side CC cabins and not had any noise issues.

It CAN be noisy at times with chair scraping, etc.

• Are these balconies at least partially covered? (need to have some shade and protection from any rain)

Yes, they are partially covered and BIG!

• Would we be better off in an aft cabin on Vista Deck instead?

I personally have sailed M class aft's on Vista deck 5 times, I prefer it! Having said that though, if Deck 9 was the only aft available, I would take it.

Same - just a little noise out there at times.

The balcony is great for late afternoon. Get some friends to go with you and use it before dinner - they have snack plates you can get from your room steward.

Prop open the door and you hear the singer playing above after 6pm.

We had it one time and thought it was one of the best cabins ever.

Hi,

We also love the aft staterooms on the M-class ships and will opt for one whenever they are available.

Just for your fun perusal, I'm offering a link to photos of the aft veranda complete with identifying stateroom numbers:

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab250/chichigolf/MilleniumClassAftCabins.jpg

This is not my photo, merely one I ran across and bookmarked. Fantastic shot with great information!

Have a wonderful cruise!!

CM

We were on a South Pacific sailing on the Millie and had the aft cabin. Balcony was 75% covered and it was huge. My only problem with it was we found we experienced much more motion while sailing, and the seas were calm!!!!

Hi,

Just for your fun perusal, I'm offering a link to photos of the aft veranda complete with identifying stateroom numbers:

CM

Fabulous - I printed a copy for the future. We stayed in 7206 on the Millie to Alaska and will be in 7203 on the Infinity. Those cabins are fabulous.

We have been in aft CC cabins on Millenium twice, once on Deck 7 and once on Deck 8. The balconies are largest on Deck 7 (Vista) and get progressively smaller on Decks 8 and 9.

We never had a problem with noice on Deck 7 or 8, although we did hear the music during the afternoon sailaways. It was very enjoyable.

We were recently on Millenium and had a table for two in the MDR near one of the portholes. Unfortunately, because we had late dinner and due to the time of year, the "view" was just the reflection of the MDR's lights.

However, we had dinner in the Olympic one night - earlier in the evening - at table by a window. The sunset was beautiful!

Sorry for this post, wrong thread

Thank you everyone for all of the great information and responses. We have been on Sky Deck on M Class ships before without any noise issues midship and I did not really think this would be a problem but had to ask.

Also glad these are partially covered although I kind of knew they were larger than side of ship. Now, we just need to hear back from TA to get pricing info and I think we will be set to go. The big decision is which deck to book since it appears at least one cabin is available on each-- Sky, Panorama and Vista Decks.

By the way, the photo is great and I have downloaded it for future reference as well.

Thanks again to everyone for the quick response and wonderful help.

Jed & Melanie

Thank you everyone for all of the great information and responses. We have been on Sky Deck on M Class ships before without any noise issues midship and I did not really think this would be a problem but had to ask.

Also glad these are partially covered although I kind of knew they were larger than side of ship. Now, we just need to hear back from TA to get pricing info and I think we will be set to go. The big decision is which deck to book since it appears at least one cabin is available on each-- Sky, Panorama and Vista Decks.

By the way, the photo is great and I have downloaded it for future reference as well.

Thanks again to everyone for the quick response and wonderful help.

Jed & Melanie

Book the lowest deck you can get.

We had an Aft cabin on the Millie. It was WONDERFUL. That view of the wake was just beautiful, especially in the moon glow at night. I layed out on that HUGE balcony listening to my ipod under the stars. Also, in the early evening, we could hear the guitarist playing a few decks up, and I found that to be enjoyable as well. When we booked that cabin, it was at the same price as all of the cabins on the side of the ship with the smaller balconies! The following year, they changed it to the CC class at a higher rate. We were fortunate to book it when we did!

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for the information. Booked the cruise on Thursday- we are on deck 9-- figured since we have been below the pool in the past, we will most likely not hear all that much.

Now, if I am able to persuade one of the crew up there to just lower down some coffee in the morning so I can walk out on the balcony and have it waiting for me, that would be outstanding. Yeah, I know I could order room service but then I would need to be up when they deliver, this way it is just waiting for me when I am ready.

Thanks again

Jed

Archived