VRBO's Miami beach

cruzinisgood

We are cruising out of Miami next Feb. We always look early for hotels as it seems we get the best price that way but we are staying for 3 nights and now we decided maybe to do a VRBO.

They will be 4 of us.

What is your thoughts on this?

I seen someone to stay away from Airbnb's. Does this include VRBO's?

We have been looking at some around Sunny Isles area.

We are flying in from FLL and either uber or private transportation. Do not really want to rent a car as we like to walk and beach it.

We would get a hotel but they seem to be really expensive on the beach.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thank you for your thoughts.

I have used Vrbo's before but not alot so when I read about scams that makes me a little nervous. Calling the HOA's of the condo's is a good idea.

But that all being said I made reservations at the Doubletree Resort on Hollywood Beach. Found rooms under $300!!

We've always had good luck with Airbnb in SoBe. As long as you use a reputable host you should be fine, same goes with vrbo. We use Airbnb/vrbo all over the country when we travel.

Even though you've had good luck in South Beach, keep in mind most AirBnBs in South Beach are illegal and they are trying to start cracking down on that. Very few condos are legal rentals so all those places with good reviews have been operating illegally.

If the building also operates as a hotel, like the Ritz Carlton, it will be a legal rental. If it is a condo building, it is an illegal rental. It has nothing to do with being a reputable host.

Don't be surprised if you show up to your next rental in South Beach and aren't allowed to enter.