6-23-16 Thursday Weigh-in Summer is Officially Here

Hi all,

I'm continuing the Thursday weigh-in's during the time that Belle will be taking a break.

So summer is officially here and, for most of us, our upcoming cruise is closer than ever. Mine is on Jan. 15 and I hope to get to my goal weight of 180 lbs. by then. However I seem to be stuck at somewhere between 195 and 200, after starting at 226.

At least I didn't gain from last Thursday - still at 197.5. I've been considering giving up Nutrisystem but I figured out that it's costing me less than $14 per day, which is probably cheaper than buying similar items at the supermarket. I don't think the program is at fault - it's my additions that are the problem. When I get hungry I'm not satisfied by a tiny entree. So it all comes down to self-control (as it does with most of us).

I hope everyone is doing OK and, hopefully, losing weight and getting more healthy.

Time to weigh in!

Good Morning,

Cruiserman, thanks for starting the thread.

You and I seem to be stuck. I stayed the same again. Like you say, at least we didn't gain. I just hope I lose the 5 lbs. from my last cruise before my next cruise in September.........

Hope everyone has a good week.

Happy summer!

Diana

I took a little break too. Just a lot going on and paying attention to every little thing I eat lost priority.

Am at 185 this morning, so "mostly" trying isn't hurting me too bad I am happy to say.

My eating habits go in cycles - I'm lucky I can eat the same stuff for days and weeks before getting fed up and move on.

Still heavy on proteins including chicken, ham, turkey, and eggs. Little bit of cheese as a treat. Red meat, sugar, and too many carbs really throw my gut into a mess.

Got an electric pressure cooker and am learning how to use it. Trying different recipes and such. Lots of grilling so as to not heat up the house in this 115 degree weather.

Keeping the grill poolside makes it enjoyable to cook out.

Hang in there Cruiserman, keep looking for options to switch up your routine and trick your body. You'll get there.

Thanks for starting this thread, cruiserman.

Diana and cruiserman, staying the same is a lot better than a gain. Hopefully, next week you will see a loss.

I am down 2 lbs. My cruise is in three weeks and I am 9.6 lbs away from cruise goal weight. I am doubtful that I will make it, but I am trying.

Rose

I made it back down to 196.5 this morning. I've come to realize that in order to lose I must control quantity. A few days ago I was hungry and made half a bag of frozen peas and carrots to eat with my entree - too much.

It's hard to lose weight, that's for sure.

Been a long time since I've posted here. I check in periodically, though. I'm finding myself at the same point of needing to lose 15-20 pounds to get to my ideal weight and I realize that one of my biggest problems is accountability, so here I am. I'm of "normal" weight, but on the high side of normal and want to be in the middle to be comfortable.

Like some of you, I'm sure, this middle age thing is making the process exponentially harder! I will never give up everything I like to eat, so to compensate, I'm having to exercise that much harder and longer. I have adult children, but still two teenagers at home. That is also difficult. Let's just say "lots of pizza around here". Need to find a way to still indulge at times but do well most of the rest of the time.

I was almost at that "ideal weight" last fall before my oldest son and I embarked on an around the world trip after his college graduation. I only gained 4 pounds over 6 weeks. That trip included 3 weeks worth of cruising plus time in China, India, Dubai/Abu Dhabi, Morocco, Gibraltar, Spain, France, Amsterdam and Iceland. We ate so much and so well. Staying extremely active definitely helped! Problem was coming home, getting through the holidays and not staying active enough.

So, I weighed in this week so will see how it goes. Like many of you, one of my biggest challenges is family get-togethers, eating out, travel, etc. Those things will always happen in life, otherwise it's not worth it. Just need to eat well the other times and stay active!

I continue to wish everyone well on their individual journey and look forward to checking in regularly!

Michelle

HI all!

Yikes it's almost time to weigh in again & I haven't posted last week's 2 lb loss! I was amazed as I'd spent 5 days in Toronto eating out. I guess all the walking, perspiring & stair climbing tipped the scales.;)

Michelle ~ that's an amazing trip you took with a good result.:D

shootr ~ yeow, that's HOT!!!:eek:

See you tomorrow with fingers crossed for good results.

~ Jo ~:)