Vista - time change question

May 15, 2017 sailing on the Vista.

Vista Sails Sunday the 14th.

Will their be any time changes?

Yes, In Cozumel there will be -1 hour difference Central time zone UTC-6

Does the ship stay on Miami time or make adjustments?

Yes, Eastern time zone UTC-5

So in Cozumel you need to remember that the Vista will be ahead 1 hour from the local time there. Cya you on the ship

As Jamaica does not observe DST, will it be one hour difference too ? Also, on this particular itinerary (May 14th), do port times listed are local time or ship time ? (Jamaica 8am to 4 pm and Cozumel 10am to 6pm) Thank you.

Port times listed on itineraries are ship time. Always, always, always keep watches set to ship time in port. Do NOT rely on your phones or fitbits for time. Buy a cheapo analog watch. If the Captain, at his discretion wants to or needs to change ship time to local time, you will be informed on board and the time will be noted in the Fun Times.

If dealing with a private vendor for excursions, you should always ask the vendor if the times for the excursion are local or ship. Most likely they are local but reputable private vendors are fully aware of the differences.

I wrote to resortforaday about an excursion and they told me 8am to 4pm was local time.... i'm confused

Ship time is 1 hour ahead.

So for example. Current EDT right now for Miami is 9:40AM. Local time in Jamaica right now is 8:40AM.

When the Vista docks in Jamaica, ship time will be 8AM. Local time will be 7AM. The ship will leave Jamaica at 4PM ship time, 3PM local time. You will most likely have to be back on board by 2:30P local time.

I have gotten off a ship in Cozumel @ 10AM ship time, grabbed a taxi to head into San Miguel, and found all the shops there closed, since they open at 10AM local time.

I'm generally one of the 1st to Nachi Cocum as well, since I don't take my own advice about sleeping an hour later and enjoying a leisurely breakfast on the ship.

Note: This is only due to Daylight Savings Time back in the USA. It doesn't apply when standard time kicks back in..........since the Caribbean has no need for daylight savings.

Ship time is 1 hour ahead.

So for example. Current EDT right now for Miami is 9:40AM. Local time in Jamaica right now is 8:40AM.

When the Vista docks in Jamaica, ship time will be 8AM. Local time will be 7AM. The ship will leave Jamaica at 4PM ship time, 3PM local time. You will most likely have to be back on board by 2:30P local time.

That is what I thought, but that is not what resortforaday told me. They said the time on the itinerary 8am to 4pm was local time. They mistaken me and now I don't know if I can cancel. Tour operator picks us up at 9:15 local time and brings us by at the pier 2 hours prior to ship departure (1 pm local), so it does not give us much time to spend at the AI resort. :(