Princess pre and post cruise hotels

Moxiefurball

when does Princess start offering their pre and post cruise hotel packages. We are booked for a Mediterranean cruise for next June and the website does not offer any hotels in Rome and Athens. I called Princess and the rep told me there was one hotel in Rome at over $700 per night? Didn't princess usually offer a few hotels at different ranges ?

Also, any recommendations for Rome hotel and Athens hotel ?

when does Princess start offering their pre and post cruise hotel packages. We are booked for a Mediterranean cruise for next June and the website does not offer any hotels in Rome and Athens. I called Princess and the rep told me there was one hotel in Rome at over $700 per night? Didn't princess usually offer a few hotels at different ranges ?

Also, any recommendations for Rome hotel and Athens hotel ?

We never book through Princess. $$$ !!

We book ourselves.

This was one of the best hotels we have stayed in in Rome.

One block from termini station and located close to many things.

I think less than 30 rooms.

We booked through a large online consolidator.

http://www.hoteldiocleziano.it/en/

We are booked for a Mediterranean cruise for next June and the website does not offer any hotels in Rome and Athens. [...]Didn't princess usually offer a few hotels at different ranges ?

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/europe-cruises/cruisetours-hotels/

(scroll to HOTEL PACKAGES, click on 'View Hotels')

ATHENS, GREECE

Athenaeum Intercontinental

Contemporary grandeur in the ancient capital, Athens' largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location make this an ideal choice. Located within a few miles are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the Plaka.

2018 Price: 1 night from $179

Additional nights from $79

ROME, ITALY

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge

Set in the residential district of Parioli within walking distance of the Borghese Gardens.

2018 Price: 2 nights from $378

Additional nights from $79

Hotel Savoy

The Hotel Savoy, housed in an elegant 19th-century palace, is situated on the corner of the famous Via Veneto in the heart of Rome. It’s close to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and Villa Borghese Gardens.

2018 Price: 2 nights from $408

Additional nights from $99

Best Western Premier Hotel Royal Santina

This hotel is located in Via Marsala within walking distance of Santa Maria Maggiore, Trevi Fountain and the Roman Museum and sits opposite the main Rome Termini railway station.

2018 Price: 2 nights from $378

Additional nights from $89

Note: All Cruise Plus Hotel Packages are quoted per person, double occupancy. Prices shown in USD. Government fees and taxes are additional and vary by city and duration of stay. All packages include hotel accommodations, luggage handling, meet-and-greet services, transfers and the hospitality of a Princess representative.

(edited throughout for clarity, most emphasis mine)

Agree that ports of call will be the best spot but wanted to help here as well for Athens . Many places in the Plaka get very good reviews. We stayed at the Herodion. Lovely rooms, nice breakfast, good service and a rooftop bar at the base of the Acropolis with free tickets to nearby Acropolis museum included when we were there. Another which is frequently mentioned is the Athens Gate. Also well located and with a rooftop restaurant at which we ate although we did not stay there. Time dinner or drinks for sunset at least one night to watch it come down behind the Acropolis. Prices are much better OYO. Do not worry about transfers and just use cabs. Told desk clerk when I wanted to depart and the driver was waiting for me. Any of these hotels will also store luggage for the day if you arrive early or if you have a large departure after checkout.