'Royal' babies

Oh, really? Maybe I need to call back tomorrow and clarify to the rep that I’m specifically asking about Royal Babies and Tots nursery daycare for a 10.5 month old and NOT in-room babysitting. The rep I talked to today was under the impression that the nursery now has the same 12mo+ age limitation as in-room babysitting. I know past cruisers on the Allure/Oasis (the two ships we’re debating between) have said that they used daycare services for a <1year old in the past, so either the rep was confused or their policy recently changed.

The RCCL website used to explicitly state that children ages 6-36mos were welcome for daycare in the nursery, but now they seem to have removed all mentions of childcare for those under 1year, so that’s why I want to be 100% sure the service will be available before we drop $$$ on a 7-day cruise.

It's not just "daycare" it's in the evenings also.

I just called back and the rep I talked to this time said the nursery on the Allure and Oasis definitely accepts 6mos-36mos for daycare. Thanks for the tip about Roll Calls, that’s a great place to look!

Glad you talked to a rep. that gave you the correct answer...that I was trying to offer you also. Enjoy the cruise with your little one...you'll be amazed at the wonderful nursery facility onboard and the professional staff.

Glad you talked to a rep. that gave you the correct answer...that I was trying to offer you also. Enjoy the cruise with your little one...you'll be amazed at the wonderful nursery facility onboard and the professional staff.

Yes, thank you for all the information you gave on the nursery! I was so bummed when I was incorrectly told the nursery was 1yr and up. I’m very glad that’s not the case.

we used it a few times on our last 2 cruises. Staff was wonderful - my kiddo even fell asleep there (and he doesnt even fall asleep with grandma, lol). It was quite and calm and all the kids seemed happy. The handful of times we went there was never more than 4 kids (and 2-3 adults). The staff interacted and played with them, my kiddo loved going.

On our last cruise he was 3yo and I told them that if he didn't want to be in there anymore and wanted us to come back to go ahead and call us. He apparently was done and said that he wanted mom and they didn't hesitate to call and let me know. I loved that! I loved that they didnt trying to talk him into staying or pushing his limits when he was done.

We also love their Toy Lending Program. It was great for dinner time to keep him entertained and busy without having to pull out an ipad.

• 5 weeks later...
Has anyone utilised the Royal babies facilities for 6 month to 3 years old? Our daughter will be one when we cruise and I've read that for a fee ($6 an hour I think) they can go in at nighttime for a few hours and even in the day I think.

Interested to know anyone's actually experience of this service. My two older ones used the kids clubs all the time but they were over 3.

It’s fabalous. WE loved it for our bAbies. That was yeas ago as my babies are gonna be 17 and 13 when we sail again. They have been in all the programs since they were 1 yo!